View Full Version : Need Proof that Dre has Ghost Writers!?!?!

ThE AcE
10-03-2004, 10:50 PM
well my friend is a big dre fan, he doesnt belive me dre has ghost writers, so i need so proof
anyone got anything??

Venomous
10-03-2004, 11:00 PM
Buy a Dre album, and check out the names in the credits.

And by the way, if your friend was a big dre fan, he would know that he has ghostwriters.

EAZZY
10-14-2004, 10:13 PM
Full Review: The Chronic

Saying The Chronic is an influential album is an understatment. G-Funk still is used by many producers today. This also introduced Death Row (Snoop Doggy Dogg, Nate Dogg, Dogg Pound, RBX, Lady of Rage) and put them on the map.

The Chronic comes hard with "F*ck Wit Dre Day." This song is the memorable and vicious diss song aimed at Eazy-E, Luther Campbell, and Tim-Mut. Snoop and Dre come with cold lyrics. This also includes Snoop's famous lyrics, "Bow wow wow, Yippe Yo Yippe Yay" (Lil' Bow Wow tried to copy this, but sucked). Behind the boards, Dre brings blowing-speakers G-Funk. This is how a diss song should be done (Not used repetitively like 50 and Ja).

Dre is solo on "Let Me Ride" (besides Snoop at the ends of the verse). Dre uses synthesizers which are a bit slower than "Dre Day." He uses a sample from Parlament's "Mothership Connection" for the chorus. Dre's ghostwriters are above average on this song. Mainly, the beat shines here.

"The Day the N*ggaz Took Over" is focused on the LA Riots occuring at the time. Snoop's hook on this song is catchy. This is not the best songs on the album, but is still worthy to listen too.

I am sure you've heard of "Nuthin' But A "G" Thang." Once Snoop's speaks his first rhymes, you are hooked. The beat is a haunting G-Funk beat. Dre's ghostwriters do great here. A Classic.

"Deeez Nuuuts" is a significant song because this is Nate Dogg's earliest appearance I can find. The hook that he delivers is amazing. That hook makes him the MVP on this track (although Snoop does a great job here as well).

The D.O.C. does an amazing job on Dre's verse in "Lil' Ghetto Boy." He and Snoop's storytelling skills are above amazing. As for the beat, it gives you a jazzy feeling. Pure Classic.

From the first sounds of "Rat-Tat-Tat-Tat" makes you feel like a BDP "Stop The Violence." But if you have been listing to the album or know that it is a Death Row album, you know that Dre will come hard (as he does). Snoop's chorus is one of the catchiest in rap history. A great song.

Although "$20 Sack Pyramid" is a skit, listen to it. It is one of the few skits on a rap album that will make you laugh.

Dre decides to stay behind the boards on "Lyrical G*ngbang." He showcases the talents of Kurupt, Lady of Rage, and RBX. Each one of them does a excellent job. No chorus, but still a classic.

Skipping ahead to my favorite track on the album, "Stranded On Death Row" is a classic. Dre stays behind the boards again with the same format of "Lyrical G*ngbang." Each rapper is on "death row" on this track. Snoop delivers his best verse of his entire career. Pure Classic!

If you were expecting an album with a variety of subject matter, you will be dissiponted. This is a party album with some great lyrics but get repetitive. However, this is one of the best albums of all-time because of the beats, so get it.

EAZZY
10-14-2004, 10:21 PM
These are the answers from a hip hop quiz about ghostwriters.

1-Who wrote 1/4 of Amil's album?

Jay-z

2-Who ghostwrote Dr. Dre's part in Next Episode?

Snoop

3-Who ghostwrote Lil Bow Wow's songs Bounce with Me & Puppy Love?

Jermaine Dupri

4-Who ghostwrote Cam'ron song Horse & Carrage?

Jadakiss of the Lox

5-Who ghostwrote Jay-z's song Can I get a....?

Ja- Rule

6-Who ghostwrote Dr.Dre's 'still DRE'?

Jay-z

7-Who ghostwrote Puff Daddy's song I'll be Missing You?

Sauce Money

8-Who ghostwrote Foxy Brown's song Hot Spot?

Jay-z

9-Who ghostwrote Charli Baltimore's song Money?

JadaKiss of The Lox

10-Who ghostwrote Dr. Dre's song "The Message"?

Royce the 5'9

EAZZY
10-14-2004, 10:33 PM
For those that don't know, here's a definition of a ghostwriter -- 'One who writes for and gives credit of authorship to another'. The practice of ghostwriting in hip-hop has always carried a certain stigma. That is to say that no self-respecting MC would be caught dead reciting rhymes written by someone else. Yet we know the practice takes place. Jay-Z once told Vibe magazine that "I get paid a lot of money to not tell you who I write for." It's widely known that Dr. Dre's lyrics have been written by The D.O.C., Ice Cube, Snoop, Jay-Z, Eminem, etc.

EAZZY
10-14-2004, 10:45 PM
And Ice Cube wrote the verse for California Love. The song was supposed to be Cube and Dre, but Suge said to give it to Pac. Or pac asked, one or the other. Anyway, Dre has had alot of people write for him. D.O.C, Snoop, Hittman, Stat Quo for Detox, and many more. The only difference between most rappers who have their lyrics wrote for them and Dre is that Dre plays a bigger role in the content and how it should sound.

EAZZY
10-14-2004, 10:45 PM
Royce da 5'9 also wrote for Dre:

- The Way I Be Pimpin'

- The Throne is Mine

big tizzle
10-14-2004, 10:50 PM
hah yall bitches is brain dead seriously, dre is tight n all but he a sell out bitch n should only be rappin about sell otu shit, or stick wit the fuckin producin cuz thats where the ***** shines

J-Dub87
10-15-2004, 10:31 AM
even though dre is ghostwritten, it doesnt really affect how i rate him, he is NOT by any means a rapper/ lyricist, hes a producer, but manages to rhyme aswell. the way he puts across these verses does work and i do regard him as one of the greats.

Mack Millie
12-01-2004, 03:11 PM
How do u find out who ghostwrites these songs

Venomous
12-01-2004, 05:07 PM
It says their name in the content booklets when u purchase the cd.

EAZZY
12-01-2004, 08:49 PM
It says their name in the content booklets when u purchase the cd.

You can search it on the internet.

EAZZY
03-07-2005, 09:41 AM
uppin this

Auroura
12-26-2006, 12:58 AM
worthless thread

tobi the niggah
01-07-2007, 03:42 PM
When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isnít lifting himself up, heís pushing the Earth down.

ult1matum
01-08-2007, 06:33 PM
Dre has a nice west coast voice, which is really easy to listen to, thats the only reason why I'm listening to him at the moment. And judging by all the proof up there I'd say Dre does use ghost writers and alot of them..........

Speak.
01-09-2007, 09:50 PM
who givs a fuck

FlawlessTheReal
01-16-2007, 01:57 AM
Eminem wrote for Dre on "Forget About Dre".

Class!c
01-22-2007, 10:01 PM
It says on wikipeida ..

Alan Johnson
02-16-2007, 08:20 PM
i got some of dre's tracks by royce

Domino
02-17-2007, 09:01 AM
Royce And Rakim Are 2 Of Dre's Main Ghostwriters...

Bruh Man
02-17-2007, 04:49 PM
Common said in an interview the wrote alot of the Detox album..

Bruh Man
02-17-2007, 04:49 PM
I just wonder who ghost wrote Keep they heads ringing cuz those lyrics are sick for a mainstream song...

THE FATE
02-20-2007, 04:25 PM
I dont see how you could be a big Dre fan and not know his backround and that he has ghost writers lol....

Jason44544
06-10-2009, 03:03 PM
Knoc-turn'al ghostwrites for Dre too

ranger ron
06-10-2009, 07:00 PM
i always knew about royce but

Maccaveli
06-26-2009, 06:25 AM
Pharoahe Monch ghostwriting 2 of Diddy's songs is the only thing that has ever made that dude sound dope. Pharoahe is one of the greatest

I find it hilarious when people name Eazy-E as one of the greatest of all time. Dude couldn't even say lyrics written for him in under like 20 takes

Bruh Man
06-26-2009, 07:40 AM
Shut the fuck |^