Rap Worlds Forums

Rap Worlds Forums (http://www.rapworlds.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sports Central (http://www.rapworlds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   The 2009/2010 Football Season Discussion Thread (http://www.rapworlds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145874)

Kosgrove 03-16-2010 10:47 AM

Re: The 2009/2010 Football Season Discussion Thread

I hope not^ I'm hoping Liverpool can have a say in denying both Chelsea and Man Utd the league or at least beating the team who wins the Man Utd - Chelsea game so they don't get too far ahead.

I said at the start of the season Man Utd would win and I'm regretting that a lot now because I really do believe Arsenal can win it now.

Tim Cellic 03-16-2010 10:48 AM

i'd love to see Arsenal win the CL as it means the team that beat us in the qualifiers went on to win the whole thing
but if yous get Man Utd or Chelsea next round yous will prolly get put out.

...i wouldve said the league aswell but i put on a nifty 50 quid for Man Utd to win it again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanjay (Post 1922444)
I don't give two shiny shites as long as he keeps scoring. He's scoring goals in the most important period of the season where over the past few years, we've usually faded.

I'd rather have a shite player like Bendtner scoring goals for us instead of a world class player like Torres doing fuck all. It could go in off his arse for all I care, long as we get the result

aye cos when he misses the sheer ammount of chances he usually misses and doesnt score it still wont matter, he'll be alright.
atleast young Kosgrove always kissed his arse or tried to defend him for some reason which i dont know why when he knows all about super striker Colin Nish

bringing up Torres was daft...no matter what he guarentees goals
about 15 goals and was missing for a chunk of the season

Torres doesnt miss the chances that gets put on a plate for Bendtner
the ammount of chances Arsenal create Torres achieve 30 goals plus a season, actually knows how to play the striking role and would benefit from not having to carry a shite team on his back and Arsenal would be constantly title contenders instead of clutching at straws every season and now choking that an average striker gets goals...its becoming desperate from Arsenal

so yous would be better off and have more points
it's just simple really...

Kosgrove 03-16-2010 11:01 AM

Lol at super striker Colin Nish, I really lol'd there. In my eyes if Bendtner EVER scores these days its a bonus, I expect nothing from him game after game so it is good he is scoring now after missing so many chances. And anyway those 4 goals in his past 2 games... only 1 was in the league, so is he even really scoring? So whatever, we got through a period of the season with no RvP and no Bendtner so hopefuly we won't struggle if shitey Bendtner stops scoring but like I said maybe we need a couple shite players lol, for all the technical skill and flair in our team we don't have enough Bendtners. imo.

And I'd like to just say this has probably been the best Premiership season ever, the most competitive there has ever been, so many times Chelsea could have ran away with it, so many times Arsenal were ruled out. The battle for 4th has been interesting. It's been good to watch.

Arsenal for the league and Champions League, I don't see why not.

Tim Cellic 03-16-2010 11:10 AM

Bendtner is no Gorgeous George...
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/...eAction460.jpg

Bendtner does not have the skill or the steady hands along with the gangly runnin style to pick up the ball in midfield, turn back to his own side and run down his own wing and then cut inside and run across the middle of the pitch to spray a ball to the other side slowing his teams attack down so much by the time it gets to young Aiden witever one of the 11 teams we play have all 10 players back in their own half...then in the same game miss a bunch of easy chances but scores a quality goal that is harder to score than said easier chances.

...what a guy.

oh and Landry N'Guemo is the best player in Britain at his position right now.
if he could get his pass % rate a bit higher = world class...nae bullshite....AND he did this...

Kosgrove 03-16-2010 11:15 AM

Lol I fucking hate Samaras, always thought he was one of the worst players I've ever seen, such a frustrating player. N'Guemo is good lol, and if he didn't mean to catch Boyd there then fuck knows what he was doing.

Kronologik' 03-16-2010 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .Charlie-Sheen. (Post 1922524)
bringing up Torres was daft...no matter what he guarentees goals
about 15 goals and was missing for a chunk of the season

Torres doesnt miss the chances that gets put on a plate for Bendtner
the ammount of chances Arsenal create Torres achieve 30 goals plus a season, actually knows how to play the striking role and would benefit from not having to carry a shite team on his back and Arsenal would be constantly title contenders instead of clutching at straws every season and now choking that an average striker gets goals...its becoming desperate from Arsenal

so yous would be better off and have more points
it's just simple really...

You missed my point. Obviously I'd rather have Torres than Bendtner any day of the week, but what I'm trying to say is that Bendtner is in better form than Torres at the moment and I'd rather he carried on scoring goals for us, whether or not he's a shite player or a half decent striker. Fact is Bendtner is our only striker at the moment really, and as long as he keeps on scoring, we can't really ask for much more.

Plus it's all good saying "he only gets tap ins that my gran could score", but you still have to get yourself into those positions to score those 'easy' goals, which is something Bendtner IS good at. True, he resembles a newborn Bambi skating on ice whilst drunk at times, but his positioning is better than any other striker we have, in the sense that he is willing to actually be in the middle of the six yard box when a cross comes in, rather than floating around the back post or dropping deep like our other strikers. That's how he gets goals. Whether they're tap ins, headers or screamers, they're goals that we desperately need at this time of the season and I'm glad he's back in the team.

And @ Cosgrove, Bendtner has scored 6 in his last 5, with 3 of them being in the league. That includes the injury time winner against Hull which was the difference between getting 1 and 3 points.

I know it seems like I'm defending the lad, but I don't think it's fair to call a player "shite" when he's just scored 6 goals in 5 games. 3 of which were in the knockout stages of the toughest club competition in the world, and the other 3 were in the best league in the world, at a stage of the season where his goals are the difference between getting an essential 3 points, or coming away with only 1, or even 0. I guess it's just human nature to focus on the chances he missed rather than noting the massive importance of the goals he actually scored.

Tim Cellic 03-16-2010 01:57 PM

^^^ good post.
i got your point but i'd still have an out of form Torres over in an in-form as he's simply world class

i know what it's like to have a Bendtner in my team...fuckin Samaras

once i pick a player out as shite.......he is shite...regardless...and i'd like to think i'm quite right most of the time.
Nani has proved me right...one or 2 i got wrong...Benzema..sort of proved me wrong.

actually, Sagna proved me wrong
i thought he was utter shite his first few months but he's grew into a very very good right back.

Kosgrove 03-16-2010 02:08 PM

Sagna is amazing. Best right back in the prem maybe? His crossing has got so much better recently aswell, much better than the crosses that come in from the left (Clichy).

Even if a player at Arsenal is shite I try to think they can change my mind and be good lol, just like with Eboue, when people hated him after one bad performance, was disgraceful because he is a player who clearly gives his all every game.

Kronologik' 03-16-2010 02:10 PM

Yeah Sagna is our most underrated player for sure, he does an amazing job at right back, and is one of those rare defenders who can run up and down the wing all day, but actually be able to defend as well. If only he could produce a better final ball, he'd be the best right back in the world without question.

And I know what you mean about calling someone shite and then sticking with it. In my eyes, players like David James and Diego Forlan will always be utter shite, no matter what they've gone onto do since I first called em shite.

But yeah, I can imagine Bendtner will soon return to being his usual donkey self and will probably be the difference between 3 and 1/0 points in the wrong way i.e. giving away a penalty or missing an open goal on the final day of the season that loses us the title. I just hope that he carries on this 'form' until the end of the season, or at least until RVP returns to full fitness.

I still don't have my hopes too high for the title, as a lot of people are putting the emphasis on Arsenal having an "easier" run in than Chelsea and United, but there really isn't any such thing as an easy game. Those easy games will be against teams battling for survival, or the other Champions League spot, and those teams tend to raise their game knowing they need to be at their best when coming up against a top 3 side.

The way this season has been going so far though, it's far too hard to judge. There's no way I'd put a bet on any of the top 3 winning the title, because I feel that a LOT will happen between now and the final day. All I can hope for is that Arsenal give it everything in the final push and at the very least, take it right down to the wire and don't fade away into a solid, yet boring, 3rd place finish.

Tim Cellic 03-16-2010 02:12 PM

...wow Kosgrove, Sagna's no Paul Telfer or Rafael Scheidt but he's alright.