Rap Worlds Forums  

Go Back   Rap Worlds Forums > Main Category > Alternative music
Home Gallery Battle Statistics Store Poker Arcade Links Link Us Mark Forums Read

Tags
the tallest man on earth, who is john galt?

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-10-2009, 03:48 PM   #1
KingMayne
Δ

Rap Worlds Cash: 280457.60
KingMayne is bigger than George W. BushKingMayne is bigger than George W. BushKingMayne is bigger than George W. BushKingMayne is bigger than George W. BushKingMayne is bigger than George W. BushKingMayne is bigger than George W. BushKingMayne is bigger than George W. BushKingMayne is bigger than George W. BushKingMayne is bigger than George W. BushKingMayne is bigger than George W. BushKingMayne is bigger than George W. Bush

The Tallest Man On Earth- Shallow Grave (and 2 other tracks)

I know this should go in the Alt. DL section, but I want to share it with everyone. Most of us that post in here can get into the DL section, anyways.. just most don't check it as much as they check the discussion for Alt. music.

Anyways... this is the folk artist I kept mentioning in my folk thread. I've listened to this guy's albums probably 20 times in the past two weeks. I love it.... you may, you may not.

I see him almost as a modern day Dylan. His voice isn't great, his guitar skills are decent, but he's great writer and his voice blends perfectly with the subject matter.

I'm including two of his best songs that can't be found on any releases, as well as his EP which is also damn good and arguably better. I suggest you download everything in here, just because it's a short album and not much to download. All good material...

The Tallest Man On Earth- Shallow Grave

http://www.mediafire.com/?yznniq42jmy
--------

The Tallest Man On Earth- The Tallest Man On Earth EP

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9BURARQ8
--------
Two b-side tracks:
http://www.zshare.net/audio/59843281afc23428/
http://www.zshare.net/audio/5984362589230987/
Tutorials on this don't exist- income taxes just a myth, to make the bankers richer/ So they can sell you half the picture/ Then seize ya assets quicker than you can go aquire 'em/ We have the right to fire 'em, instead we co-conspirin'/ Through silence, through science, that's social and economic/ You manufacture our consent to make a profit/ The paper's been powerless since they left the gold standard/ Yet they're using currency to rule the whole planet...

One government, one world motto,"in God we trust,"But what about us?

KingMayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 07:34 PM   #2
southpole
I <3 Nem

Rap Worlds Cash: 1000.00
southpole is bigger than George W. Bushsouthpole is bigger than George W. Bushsouthpole is bigger than George W. Bushsouthpole is bigger than George W. Bushsouthpole is bigger than George W. Bushsouthpole is bigger than George W. Bushsouthpole is bigger than George W. Bushsouthpole is bigger than George W. Bushsouthpole is bigger than George W. Bushsouthpole is bigger than George W. Bushsouthpole is bigger than George W. Bush

Won: 2
Lost: 0

Re: The Tallest Man On Earth- Shallow Grave (and 2 other tracks)

I like the EP more than the album.

He's a great artist but his writing skills are nowhere near Dylans.
southpole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 07:43 PM   #3
KingMayne
Δ

KingMayne is bigger than George W. BushKingMayne is bigger than George W. BushKingMayne is bigger than George W. BushKingMayne is bigger than George W. BushKingMayne is bigger than George W. BushKingMayne is bigger than George W. BushKingMayne is bigger than George W. BushKingMayne is bigger than George W. BushKingMayne is bigger than George W. BushKingMayne is bigger than George W. BushKingMayne is bigger than George W. Bush

^ yeah, but it's a pretty different writing style.

Dylan focuses on more concrete stories and what not... there's a lot of abstraction with this guy.
Tutorials on this don't exist- income taxes just a myth, to make the bankers richer/ So they can sell you half the picture/ Then seize ya assets quicker than you can go aquire 'em/ We have the right to fire 'em, instead we co-conspirin'/ Through silence, through science, that's social and economic/ You manufacture our consent to make a profit/ The paper's been powerless since they left the gold standard/ Yet they're using currency to rule the whole planet...

Old 05-10-2009, 11:55 PM   #4
jerrod
niggercock

Rap Worlds Cash: 105.00
jerrod is bigger than George W. Bushjerrod is bigger than George W. Bushjerrod is bigger than George W. Bushjerrod is bigger than George W. Bushjerrod is bigger than George W. Bushjerrod is bigger than George W. Bushjerrod is bigger than George W. Bushjerrod is bigger than George W. Bushjerrod is bigger than George W. Bushjerrod is bigger than George W. Bushjerrod is bigger than George W. Bush

Won: 0
Lost: 1

possible sampling material?

dl'ing now anyways (just because i trust your musical taste )

EDIT:

don't fuckin disappoint me

...And Stay there...

"well, if you're content with only dropping shit in Kansas City, you ain't gonna meet no goals you have"
jerrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 01:49 AM   #5
KingMayne
Δ

it's folk music, so...

if you don't like folk music, you probably won't like it lol

Old 10-09-2009, 04:01 AM   #6
KingMayne
Δ

bump, just bc this is so bad ass...

Old 10-09-2009, 09:57 AM   #7
meehai
Gangsta

Rap Worlds Cash: 8010.00
meehai is bigger than George W. Bushmeehai is bigger than George W. Bushmeehai is bigger than George W. Bushmeehai is bigger than George W. Bushmeehai is bigger than George W. Bushmeehai is bigger than George W. Bushmeehai is bigger than George W. Bushmeehai is bigger than George W. Bushmeehai is bigger than George W. Bushmeehai is bigger than George W. Bushmeehai is bigger than George W. Bush

i'll check this out, always hunting for new folk artists... will post thought later, ta
meehai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 02:10 PM   #8
.Alkajazz.
Loremaster

Rap Worlds Cash: 80.33
.Alkajazz. is bigger than George W. Bush.Alkajazz. is bigger than George W. Bush.Alkajazz. is bigger than George W. Bush.Alkajazz. is bigger than George W. Bush.Alkajazz. is bigger than George W. Bush.Alkajazz. is bigger than George W. Bush.Alkajazz. is bigger than George W. Bush.Alkajazz. is bigger than George W. Bush.Alkajazz. is bigger than George W. Bush.Alkajazz. is bigger than George W. Bush.Alkajazz. is bigger than George W. Bush

Send a message via AIM to .Alkajazz. Send a message via MSN to .Alkajazz.

This shit is raw good work you libertard
Old 12-14-2009, 06:36 AM   #9
sarapal
Spy

Rap Worlds Cash: 5.00
sarapal is near the bottom of the Rap Worlds Hierarchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Alkajazz. View Post
This shit is raw good work you libertard
but that's not fair I guess....
sarapal is offline   Reply With Quote