Rap Worlds Forums  

Go Back   Rap Worlds Forums > Artists > Jay Z
Home Gallery Battle Statistics Store Poker Arcade Links Link Us Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2003, 12:22 PM   #1
Frankie Felony
Concrete Fists

Rap Worlds Cash: 419.00
Frankie Felony is near the bottom of the Rap Worlds Hierarchy

The Black Album Review(Song by Song)

Intro- Intro is quiet at first and goes into a mystical Seventies type psychadelic song. Pretty mellow. A quick head-bopper. Then it goes into an old speech of a political activist.
Okay opener.

December 4- December 4 is a life story-type track. It has parts from his VH1 Driven special sampled in. His mother and his grandmother were smapled in the song. Nice seventies-type beat. Head bopper. Serious detail for a quick 3 minute outline of his biography.

What More Can I Say- Possibly the best song on the album. Hot beat. You can feel the emotion. Good lyrical display. Head bopper, most definitely. Catchy hook. But what will caputre you is the end. He says "I don't talk about getting shot a bunch of times; Or make up a whole bunch of shit in my lines; Or be as animated as, say a Busta Rhymes; I re-created pop culture, I should be #1 on everybody's list; let's see what rap will be like when I don't exist......Fuck this!" with a sound of pain and sadness. May invoke a small tear at the end.

Encore- Encore has another seventies-type beat. Really like an O'Jays beat. The song is hot. Head bopper, most definitely. Plays the role as performing in his last concert and convincing the people he won't give an encore. Nice catchy hook.

Change Clothes and Go- The first single of the album. Hot beat for dancing. Head bopper, most definitely. Might not enjoy it if mainstream singles aren't your thing. Pharrel of N.E.R.D and The Neptunes puts it down on the soundboards and singing. He sings on the hook. You may or may not feel this song.

The Threat- Head bopper beat. Seems like a mainstream single. Pretty hot club anthem. Would become a pimp anthem. Really, the worst song on the album. But it's still pretty hot.

Soundtrack- Hot song. Has a pimp named "Threatz" in the song. Puts a comedy aspect into the song. But it also has a criminal aspect. Jay-Z was able to hit both and overexaggerate the two. But it was very good. I enjoyed it alot.

Moment Of Clarity- Deep song. You can, once again, feel the emotions and how much work he poured into this song. Makes you feel like you were there with him when he was making all 9 of his albums. Gave respect to abstract rappers Talib Kweli and Common(Sense). Really nice song.

99 Problems- Comedic-type song. I really loved it. It was funny. He really showed that rappers have a creative mind and have a huge personality to display to the world. This song has a rock-and-roll beat due to the great works of Pharrel Williams and Chad Hugo.

My Name Is Hov- A production by, arguably the most popular producer of all-time, Just Blaze. Very hot, church choir-type beat. Head bopper. Great song, weak delivery. But the song is great, so delivery isn't really important. Not when you're Jay-Z

Justify My Thug- A production by, Roc-A-Fella's signed MC/Sound Engineer, Kanye West. Unbelievably vicious beat. Head booper. Other than What More Can I Say and The Theater, the best song on the Black Album.

The Theater- A great beat that puts you in a mellow, sit-back mood. You'll love it. If you have a girl that doesn't like hardcore bass in the beats, she'll love it. Hey, I'll go out on a limb and say you're grandparents will love it. It has the piano player, sad exit, Casablanca-ending feel. Trust that the beginning may not sound great, but the song is great. Other than Justify My Thug and What More Can I Say, the best song on the album. You'll love the song as much as he does.

My First Song- A bluesy song that shouts out everyone who was there since Day Uno. Great song. Lots of emotion. HORRIBLE SINGING. It sounds like a cat pissing in a carton of plaster. But other than that, great song, most definitely.

Final Album Analysis- You will love it. A classic everyone should have in their CD collection. Some songs don't have that feel of effort. But overall, this album recieves a: 9.4/10

--Frankie Felony.

and guess what??

I Got The CD yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soon, I will compile a list of everyone I've beaten on RWs and put them here....

So Be Prepared to See Your Name On The Wall Of Shame
Frankie Felony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 12:12 AM   #2
F02936GF12
HITMAN

Rap Worlds Cash: 23696.52
F02936GF12 is smoking this mutharfucka upF02936GF12 is smoking this mutharfucka upF02936GF12 is smoking this mutharfucka upF02936GF12 is smoking this mutharfucka upF02936GF12 is smoking this mutharfucka upF02936GF12 is smoking this mutharfucka upF02936GF12 is smoking this mutharfucka upF02936GF12 is smoking this mutharfucka upF02936GF12 is smoking this mutharfucka upF02936GF12 is smoking this mutharfucka upF02936GF12 is smoking this mutharfucka up

Too bad you only got 13 tracks when it's 14. BTW that pimp threatz is Cedric the Entertainer. *sighs* I'm a post my own thread about the album cuz I got some shit to say
Old 11-12-2003, 12:32 PM   #3
RITAX
pills-girl

RITAX might aswell go to jail now...RITAX might aswell go to jail now...

and now an interesting game/forum inside a forum
Reviews of Jay Z v G unit new album

http://www.planetrap.net/forums/show...threadid=33689

you can hear the songs and cross-compare them

Last edited by RITAX; 11-12-2003 at 12:37 PM.
RITAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 08:48 PM   #4
Dj Quik

Dj Quik is near the bottom of the Rap Worlds Hierarchy

Re: The Black Album Review(Song by Song)

Quote:
Originally posted by Frankie Felony

Justify My Thug- A production by, Roc-A-Fella's signed MC/Sound Engineer, Kanye West. Unbelievably vicious beat. Head booper. Other than What More Can I Say and The Theater, the best song on the Black Album.

Justify my thug was produced by dj quik u ignorant iddiot

Quik is the Name!!
Dj Quik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 05:57 AM   #5
RITAX
pills-girl

RITAX might aswell go to jail now...RITAX might aswell go to jail now...

How did you manage to work with Jay Z ?
Old 11-14-2003, 07:37 AM   #6
ryaneminem
Home Dogg

Rap Worlds Cash: 12.00
ryaneminem is near the bottom of the Rap Worlds Hierarchy

^^^You managed to miss a song, and mess up a Production credit when you have the CD.
ryaneminem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 06:03 PM   #7
SicCnEsS
ss ƒ

SicCnEsS is near the bottom of the Rap Worlds Hierarchy

Cool info..

Not as good as i expected tho

..ReCcOrD..
42 ~ 9

..QuoTeS..
..Every day you Live is A Gift from Me; Thats why Its Called the Present.. ~ Chino XL

..Yall Niccas are Wack Rapping over Microphone Feed-back; My Intelligence Begins where yours Seek-At.. ~ Canibus

..The Best In This Kind Are But Shadows.. ~ W. Shakespeare

..It Is The Green-Eyed Monster Which Doth mock -
The Meat It Feeds On.. ~ W. Shakespeare
SicCnEsS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 03:52 AM   #8
Peter Appleton
you wot

Rap Worlds Cash: 1385586.00
Peter Appleton is bigger than George W. BushPeter Appleton is bigger than George W. BushPeter Appleton is bigger than George W. BushPeter Appleton is bigger than George W. BushPeter Appleton is bigger than George W. BushPeter Appleton is bigger than George W. BushPeter Appleton is bigger than George W. BushPeter Appleton is bigger than George W. BushPeter Appleton is bigger than George W. BushPeter Appleton is bigger than George W. BushPeter Appleton is bigger than George W. Bush

Won: 1
Lost: 1

Justify My Thug best song on album.. good review i say.
Old 11-21-2003, 01:36 PM   #9
Intensity
Gangsta

Rap Worlds Cash: 168.00
Intensity is a dope memberIntensity is a dope memberIntensity is a dope member

Send a message via AIM to Intensity
Man...WaS Very disappoinTed with the album...ugh!

Still got love for him though

*((throWs DiaMonD Up))*
Intensity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 03:13 AM   #10
AvAnEw
A-V-A

Rap Worlds Cash: 4.00
AvAnEw is near the bottom of the Rap Worlds Hierarchy

lol

AvAnEw

ITS GeTT'n SeRiOuS L.P.
Avanew Music