Rap Worlds Forums  

Go Back   Rap Worlds Forums > Main Category > Technology Bar
Home Gallery Battle Statistics Store Poker Arcade Links Link Us Mark Forums Read

Technology Bar Gadgets and computer related issues.

Old 02-13-2007, 09:53 PM   #1
c.r.e.a.m.
Home Dogg

Rap Worlds Cash: 860.00
c.r.e.a.m. is a quality memberc.r.e.a.m. is a quality memberc.r.e.a.m. is a quality memberc.r.e.a.m. is a quality memberc.r.e.a.m. is a quality memberc.r.e.a.m. is a quality memberc.r.e.a.m. is a quality member

Send a message via MSN to c.r.e.a.m.
CD Drive help

well i'm not sure why, but my CD drive decided to stop opening for me tonight.

could anybody suggest how i could get it to eject again?

c.r.e.a.m. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 08:35 AM   #2
Illustrate
ADL

Rap Worlds Cash: 1537.50
Illustrate is bigger than George W. BushIllustrate is bigger than George W. BushIllustrate is bigger than George W. BushIllustrate is bigger than George W. BushIllustrate is bigger than George W. BushIllustrate is bigger than George W. BushIllustrate is bigger than George W. BushIllustrate is bigger than George W. BushIllustrate is bigger than George W. BushIllustrate is bigger than George W. BushIllustrate is bigger than George W. Bush

Re: CD Drive help

Suggestion: open ur case disconnect the power cable then unplug the IDE cable out the cd drive and then put it back in, then take out the power plug (from back of cd and put it in again).

Then reboot and go to Control Panel / System / Hardware / Device Manger / DVD/CD-ROM Drives / Then right click and disable and then enable right after......

also try right clicking on the drive in my computer after its enables and click Eject......(try this if it wont open from the button the cd drive)

if this does not work try prying it open carefully with a knife and give it a good clean and make sure the rubber band in the cd drive isn't off ( this causes the cd drive cogs to spin without any affect and wont eject either).

try and replace the rubber band (most likes its slipped off) around the two white pulleys/cogs

Question: is it making a loud whining sound when it wont eject?

Last edited by Illustrate; 02-15-2007 at 08:37 AM.
Illustrate is offline   Reply With Quote