Rap Worlds Forums  

Go Back   Rap Worlds Forums > Artists > Royce Da 5-9
Home Gallery Battle Statistics Store Poker Arcade Links Link Us Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2004, 10:19 AM   #1
Yur Worst Enemy
Mirth

Rap Worlds Cash: 1874.50
Yur Worst Enemy is bigger than George W. BushYur Worst Enemy is bigger than George W. BushYur Worst Enemy is bigger than George W. BushYur Worst Enemy is bigger than George W. BushYur Worst Enemy is bigger than George W. BushYur Worst Enemy is bigger than George W. BushYur Worst Enemy is bigger than George W. BushYur Worst Enemy is bigger than George W. BushYur Worst Enemy is bigger than George W. BushYur Worst Enemy is bigger than George W. BushYur Worst Enemy is bigger than George W. Bush

Won: 0
Lost: 1

Send a message via AIM to Yur Worst Enemy Send a message via MSN to Yur Worst Enemy Send a message via Yahoo to Yur Worst Enemy
Surprise Royce Da 5'9"-Rap City Intvw. (For those who don't have BET)

Royce Da 5'9"-Rap City Intvw. (For those who don't have BET)

Tigger=bold
Royce Da 5'9"= italicized

So what's poppin'

Nuthin man.... been working..working like a horse.

Aiight. So if people are not clear... who the hell is Royce Da 5'9"? lol

Royce Da 5'9" has been mistook; misused. I'm just like a..... I'm a real dude,man. I'm a real MC. I'm not really concerned with selling 50 million records. I'm concerned with just doing music that I feel confortable with. As long as I can feed my son and that beautiful girl that lives in my house.

That's what's up. Now like....you've been playing Musical Labels lately. lol

yeah

You've rotated from..... yo talk about that some..

Aiight. I started out in '98. I started with Tommy Boy. It didn't work out for various reasons. I was young. We didn't really see eye to eye creatively. So we basically went to them like, "yo, let us go" And so they let us go. And then I hooked up with Game. Which is an independent company. We went and took it to Columbia. Columbia signed us. And the album got bootlegged real bad. My buzz was at an all time high so it got bootlegged real bad and Columbia didn't know what to do with the album. So Koch stepped up to the plate. Put the album out. I'm actually kinda lucky to be in the situation.So now Koch is putting the album out...but I'm still signed to Sony but we got issues that's up in the air, you know what I'm saying? And hopefully after this album I'll be a free agent......Hint Hint.

lol. That's what's up. So... alotta people don't know you're from the D. Got a lot of history with, I think, the most famous person from the D right now. Eminem and D-12. Speak on that.

Well, I came up with Slim, you know what I'm saying? We was the first two people to be kinda like...He signed his deal first so he put me on his first album. I was the only person on that album. A song called "Bad Meets Evil". And ummm, we was real cool. After I got my deal with Tommy Boy he launched Shady Records. He signed D-12. I know a lotta people wanna know about the tension between myself and D-12 and it's just this:

D-12... we just didn't see eye to eye; like as men. And it lead to them writing a record about me. And I responded with a record called "Malcolm X".....And ended it.

LOL! So is it all cool? Cause I mean you and Em did a record together.

Yeah; meand Em did a lot of records together. I think he just got tired of playing mediator, you know what I'm sayin? I always had a good relationship with Proof, you know what I'm sayin? And it's just like I didn't really have a problem with most of them. It was just a couple of them. And I mean it was minor. But I think we all grew to learn to agree to disagree. And keep moving. And get this paper. I definitely wish them much success.

That's what's up. 3..1..3rd!

Yeah man. You know.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now uh.....do you still consider yourself an "underground" rapper?......If so, why? And if not.. why?

I consider myself an underground rapper with this album. Because like I said earlier, I went into the studio this time around with a different....The Rock City album was like a collage of a whole bunch of different kind of 5'9' songs. It didn't really tell you who I was or what kind of person I am, or who Royce was. You couldn't put a finger on it. Whereas, with this album I looked within. I point out all my flaws. Every song means something. I even pointed out what other people's flaws are. And it's just real talk. Like how 'Pac and Big did. Just timeless lyrics. You don't hear a lotta punchy.... no corny punchlines. It's just real talk.

It's goin' down man. Royce Da 5'9". Album in stores... tomorrow right? Is it tomorrow?

Yeah. Go buy the album.

It's goin' down. Death Is Certain. We gonna talk about that when we come back with Royce Da 5'9".

So who you got on the album?

We got....Carlos Six; July Brodi- you might know him from songs he did on BIG's album Life After Death. [mumble...i couldn't make out what he said].But that dark feel is what I went for. Well..... really I didn't go for it. It came to me. It felt natural, you know what I mean? He actually did 8 joints on the album. So I've got DJ Premier of course. Always gotta work with Premo at least once. Every album. I gotta up and coming cat from Detroit. I call him a "sleeper". His name is Azar. Shout outs to Azar. he held me down. He did a couple. He actually engineered the project. My man Ta Phife. My man Reef- He did "What Up Blood" for 50 Cent. He's coming up too. So it's just... We kept it within that little bunch.

So you don't have a lotta guest.....

I got my man Cutty Mack on the album. I got my girl Ingra Smalls, who sings a lotta background vocals for me. I don't consider those "features" because I deal with them on a day to day basis. As far as like reaching out to other artists to come on my album.... I felt it was too personal. I really had something to say.

How do you feel about artists who have mad[meaning a lot of] guest appearances?

I'm not against it. If it works for you. It depends what kind of mood you're in. Like when I made the Rock City album I was partying all the time. I was living in a nice apartment in New York City. So that was reflected in my music. I was happy. but I'm not happy now so it's just..

lol. Aiight so... introduce you're video right here

Aiight. This is "Hip Hop". Produced by my boy Premo. Royce Da 5'9". Hip Hop is coming back, ya heard?

LOL

Why'd you name your album Death Is Certain?

It's basically me saying anything can come to an end. Not just your life. Your career. I was at a point in my career where I felt like it kinda died. So I'm just trying to re-vamp... revitalize myself, ya know? Things could be going wrong for you,then it could stop going bad and go good. And vice-versa. Anything can come to an end, basically.

The album is in stores tomorrow! Pick up 20 copies each of Death Is Certain!

Yeah man.

So what else is going on? I heard you got a record company?

yeah man. I'm starting a record label called The M.I.C.- Make It Count. I'm structuring this for all my people I got around me. Da Elite. My crew. Shout out to them. It's just so they don't make the same mistakes that I did. I been in the game like 6 or 7 years. I'm not new to this. It's just something I'm putting together so they gotta lot of control over what they do. I think a lot of them are ready for the game already! Even though I want them to come up organically. Like.. create a buzz through mixtapes like I did. So their career won't depend on what I do. So definitely look out for The M.I.C. in the future. Da Elite; Kid Viscous; My man Birds; Freddy Mac; Tre Little; June; Billy Nicks; myself

LOL. Cause you gonna be a "Free Agent".

I'm a be a Free Agent

lol. Royce is here. Album Death Is Certain in stores tomorrow. You know The Booth is next. Stop playin.

"
And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,
For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therin I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak...
"
---(Ephesians 6:19-20)

Last edited by Yur Worst Enemy; 02-27-2004 at 10:21 AM.
Yur Worst Enemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 10:22 AM   #2
Yur Worst Enemy
Mirth

Yur Worst Enemy is bigger than George W. BushYur Worst Enemy is bigger than George W. BushYur Worst Enemy is bigger than George W. BushYur Worst Enemy is bigger than George W. BushYur Worst Enemy is bigger than George W. BushYur Worst Enemy is bigger than George W. BushYur Worst Enemy is bigger than George W. BushYur Worst Enemy is bigger than George W. BushYur Worst Enemy is bigger than George W. BushYur Worst Enemy is bigger than George W. BushYur Worst Enemy is bigger than George W. Bush

Send a message via AIM to Yur Worst Enemy Send a message via MSN to Yur Worst Enemy Send a message via Yahoo to Yur Worst Enemy
The Booth is segment of the show when they do the freestyle. I still have the show on tape so I'll post the lyrics to the freestyle as soon as I get a chance. Maybe after I get home from work tomorrow.

Oh yeah, excuse me if I spelled any of the names wrong. Or if I spelled his group's name wrong. Im still a new Royce fan so I might now know all of those people yet.

"
And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,
For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therin I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak...
"

Last edited by Yur Worst Enemy; 02-27-2004 at 10:24 AM.
Old 02-27-2004, 05:19 PM   #3
dean
Illest Lyrcist Alive

dean is near the bottom of the Rap Worlds Hierarchy

give you props for that man, good job.
dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 07:10 PM   #4
Yur Worst Enemy
Mirth

^^much appreciated

"
"
Old 02-28-2004, 01:20 AM   #5
DejaVu59

DejaVu59 is near the bottom of the Rap Worlds Hierarchy

RESPECT! thanks
DejaVu59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 07:16 AM   #6
Nickel Nine
Taste the Jizzle

Rap Worlds Cash: 10.00
Nickel Nine is near the bottom of the Rap Worlds Hierarchy

Send a message via AIM to Nickel Nine Send a message via MSN to Nickel Nine Send a message via Yahoo to Nickel Nine
thanks man
Nickel Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 12:50 AM   #7
-[Hi Tech]-
Infamous Nigga

-[Hi Tech]- is near the bottom of the Rap Worlds Hierarchy

Now ders a Royce Fan For ya, need to get that right there on roycenation interviews
-[Hi Tech]- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 07:14 AM   #8
Paul
King Moderator

Rap Worlds Cash: 15058.00
Paul is near the bottom of the Rap Worlds Hierarchy

Send a message via AIM to Paul Send a message via MSN to Paul
Thanks VERY much, ive been wanting to read this since i heard about it!
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 02:53 PM   #9
Yur Worst Enemy
Mirth

No problem. Anytime somebody wants to know what happened on certain shows that aren't available in your area hit me up please. For some reason I have a habit of recording everything I watch. So posting it on RW is just a matter of finding the time.

"
"
Old 03-06-2004, 05:11 PM   #10
Fend
A Liars Stolen Heaven

Rap Worlds Cash: 1.00
Fend is bigger than George W. BushFend is bigger than George W. BushFend is bigger than George W. BushFend is bigger than George W. BushFend is bigger than George W. BushFend is bigger than George W. BushFend is bigger than George W. BushFend is bigger than George W. BushFend is bigger than George W. BushFend is bigger than George W. BushFend is bigger than George W. Bush

Send a message via AIM to Fend
^still ugly....

thanks alot ywe you should be gettin paid for this lol
Fend is offline   Reply With Quote