Rap Worlds Forums  

Go Back   Rap Worlds Forums > Artists > Ja Rule
Home Gallery Battle Statistics Store Poker Arcade Links Link Us Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2003, 02:20 PM   #1
Denz
Cheer up!

Rap Worlds Cash: 295274.00
Denz is bigger than George W. BushDenz is bigger than George W. BushDenz is bigger than George W. BushDenz is bigger than George W. BushDenz is bigger than George W. BushDenz is bigger than George W. BushDenz is bigger than George W. BushDenz is bigger than George W. BushDenz is bigger than George W. BushDenz is bigger than George W. BushDenz is bigger than George W. Bush

Won: 1
Lost: 0

Smoke Battle Arena Discussion

Ok, I see there's a lot of opinions about tha new rules of the Battle Arena.

If you want to discuss what rules you want and don't want please post them here. I will look into tha negitive and positive effects of each rule posted. The more points of view we get the quicker Rap Worlds can implement tha rules. I will then come up with a new set of rules, taking into account everyone elses points of view with the other moderators of the board. Also comment on how you think the battle areana should be run.

This will be a discussion and any posts, which I consider containing freeposting or moderation requests will be deleted.

Peace
Old 07-28-2003, 02:35 PM   #2
Vision
~K!LLA 4tZ~

Vision is near the bottom of the Rap Worlds Hierarchy

the best voting system i seen so far, where people vote and have to leave feedback cos if they dont they get there post dq...is at wordwar4. i mean you kinda get recogntion for voting on battles... it does look pretty difficult to set up though, it works pretty well.

just an idea...

for the moment tho i do thik there should be much stricter rules on freepstoing in the arena...ever tried finding a battle and comparing verse in countless pages of spam?

VISION AKA ~K!LLA 4tZ~

EMCEES : No meaningful order...

*~*IM_PISSED*~*B-REAL*~*
[~K!LLA 4TZ~]*~*NUKLEUS*~*RAS KASS*~*
*~*ANCIENT*~*WIZ*~*L.I.N.K*~*

RAPWORLDS BATTLE RECORD: WON 9 - 0 LOST

WINS:
Krypto
Glorious
I.Q.O
Blakk
Wrestlefever x 2
Magician - (PROVEN BITER)
Ripallthat
Mightymouse aka Vortext
Sean Joey

LOSSES:
No Ones Been That Lucky Yet

MSN: E_KLIPZ@HOTMAIL.COM
Old 07-28-2003, 03:02 PM   #3
funk_M
Got Trained By Arnie

Rap Worlds Cash: 66132.24
funk_M is one of the illestfunk_M is one of the illestfunk_M is one of the illestfunk_M is one of the illestfunk_M is one of the illestfunk_M is one of the illestfunk_M is one of the illestfunk_M is one of the illestfunk_M is one of the illestfunk_M is one of the illestfunk_M is one of the illest

Having to post proper feedback, as in some analysis of the verses...

Plus links to battle you have voted on

terminology verbose, vocabs grandiose i make dictionaries defunct,
hot lines that emblaze minds, eyes see the time as etched with funk...

Once... the interstellar trend setter, delivering males when i send letters
a machine of lines that vends better, erasing frames as i bless lessers

I create constellations and carry the weight that others fear
and drop acid in salivations that saturate the stratosphere

Old 07-28-2003, 04:04 PM   #4
Oblivion
Music Therapy 2008

Rap Worlds Cash: 46930.00
Oblivion is bigger than George W. BushOblivion is bigger than George W. BushOblivion is bigger than George W. BushOblivion is bigger than George W. BushOblivion is bigger than George W. BushOblivion is bigger than George W. BushOblivion is bigger than George W. BushOblivion is bigger than George W. BushOblivion is bigger than George W. BushOblivion is bigger than George W. BushOblivion is bigger than George W. Bush

Send a message via AIM to Oblivion Send a message via MSN to Oblivion
(Moderated by: BkBrawla, ObLiViOn)
^^ hey, BK, can you see that?

See what that says? My name too - so don't go making rules and shit without at least TELLING me - i wouldn't (and haven't done it) so you shouldn't. I've been up to a lot recently but i'm a have some more time, so i'm back.

And shit like "u dont want it orgainze im pissed? well i dont give a fuck what u want Bitch..im the MOD not u homie"... well
1) as a mod, help people, don't throw ya weight around and talk shit.
2) er... you're not the mod. You're a mod. Just like me.

Anyway - to this....

I don't think tha all tha rules he put are gonna help;
No spammin in other ppl theard it will be delete = good
When You Call out your Opponent Ask Either me or the Super MOD to make a theard for you.If i see anyone makin a theard(ex. settin up the battles) i will closed it = ain't gonna work (and yo missed out my name mate(!)). This is ok with things like crew forums, where i've seen it work on other sites. But not a battle arena. People may wanna quick battle or a mod may not be around and it could prolong tha period of waiting. And all mods do get bored of there duties, like FT said. Trust me. And when that happens everyone has to wait ages... and it won't work.
Tha fact is that is fine for a smaller site - but this site is just TOO BIG FOR THAT TO WORK.
You must be put up TWO Links on what battles you have voted on. If not then your battle will be closed = Erm... gonna be difficult to enforce.. and it will piss people off having to trawl through so many pages. Remember.. this IS a big site with a lot of members. Don't see it working well but maybe...

Voting:
I think there should be a decent amount of feedback required or tha vote is discounted and tha post deleted.

People make there own threads... but BK and myself are on a hard crack down on freeposting/past due date battles... they get deleted if at ALL late.

Due Date:
every battle has a due date for posting a verse and for voting... so it won't drag on voting for weeks and so it won't remain open with lots of "uppin" posts...

Links:
could give it a trial i guess....maybe a link to start. Just to test.

Thats what i think... go overboard and this'll be fucking school, full of rules and crap. And, to be honest, i don't trust BK to either be unbiased enough or thorough enough to enforce them well for any great period of time. Now i'm back i shall get back to it... along with tha new tourney (shameless plug sign up in forum shamless plug) i am back baby!!!

But yeah... thats my opinion. I don't mean to offend the mod... but thats what i think should happen or be thought about and altered for tha good of tha site.

Don't lose sight of that man.... ya a mod to help tha site. As a mod i get loads of "how do you put pics in sigs" and "how can i change my name" pm's... and i respond to them. You should be doing tha same. Don't get all power hungry on us now.

Ah... my chest feels so much lighter.

PZ>
Old 07-28-2003, 10:22 PM   #5
Dominate
Rhymes with Nominate

Rap Worlds Cash: 24182.00
Dominate is bigger than George W. BushDominate is bigger than George W. BushDominate is bigger than George W. BushDominate is bigger than George W. BushDominate is bigger than George W. BushDominate is bigger than George W. BushDominate is bigger than George W. BushDominate is bigger than George W. BushDominate is bigger than George W. BushDominate is bigger than George W. BushDominate is bigger than George W. Bush

Won: 11
Lost: 1

^^very well said by oblivion, lol @ the 'shameless plug' thing

- no spamming definately needs to be enforced, it IS a problem on this board.

- the mods setting up threads thing WILL NOT WORK. oblivion said it well^^

- the links thing seems to be the one people have the most varying opinions on. Personally im very opposed to having to vote on two battles to battle myslef. I probably DO vote on two battles for every one of my own....but the links thing is just too strict. forcing people to vote on battles will mean that people do it half assed. YES it won't change the outcome of the vote, BUT, a large part of voting (for me, anyway) is giving feedback to people on how they can improve their skills. WHEN i see a battle where i think i can make a comment like that, i vote in it and give feedback to the battlers. if i was forced to find battles to vote on however, im pretty sure i (amongst many others) wouldnt be assed with the feedback side, and so we'll have less elevation in the long run......

I think a fair way to do it would be if there was no set rule, but when you yourself battle, list any battles youve voted on recently, and then if the mods see someone thats battling all the time without EVER voting, perhaps they can have a word with him or her....

another thing with links is that theres a lot of kids that dont know HOW to do it....

having already mentioned that im opposed to having to vote on battles to battle, i think if the rule IS to be made, then ONE vote per battle of you're own would be sufficient

props to denz for setting this thread and being willing to listen to the varying opinions before making a decision, very fair way to do it.
Old 07-29-2003, 01:40 PM   #6
Kataracks
One Man Army

Rap Worlds Cash: 6740.00
Kataracks is smoking this mutharfucka upKataracks is smoking this mutharfucka upKataracks is smoking this mutharfucka upKataracks is smoking this mutharfucka upKataracks is smoking this mutharfucka upKataracks is smoking this mutharfucka upKataracks is smoking this mutharfucka upKataracks is smoking this mutharfucka upKataracks is smoking this mutharfucka upKataracks is smoking this mutharfucka upKataracks is smoking this mutharfucka up

Lost: 1

Lost: 0

ooooook....lemme get my point of view across

1) Spamming/deleting. Well everybody agrees with this for obvious reasons so i wont get into this

2) Mods setting up threads- I dont agree with this. For one, people might be trying to set a battle up as soon as their challnenge is accepted and trying to get it over with as quickly as possible only to find that the mod may not be online............or, the mods might get tired of this REAL quickly. This is a big board and we have at least 3-4 battle threads set up each day and this might add extra burden to the mod who is already trying to enforce other rules. If a person sets a thread that doesnt belong in the arena, then simply move it. This takes as much or less time as making a thread.

3) Voting on 2 battles before setting your own---anybody who doesn't agree with this needs to realize that its not always about THEM but also about the benefit of other battlers as well.........I dont know about you, but I've gotten real pissed off (No pun intended Im Pissed) with waiting weeks upon weeks to get a battle finished with because no votes are coming in...........I've seen battles with over 400 views and the votes were only 2-1 or 1-0 or some shit like that. So since people dont want to vote, we have no choice but to force them...........If you go to other sites that have this rule, you'll see that battles take place with more speed and efficiency than here at RW. So i dont see why this should be a problem here..............It is not that hard to copy and paste links, or if you dont want to do that, just simply state which battles you voted on. And it is just plain greedy to want to have your battle take place all the time and not trying to help others battles get over with...............Ya'll making it sound like its cruel and unusual punishment.

And Oblivion, Im sure Brawla isnt tryin to be the mod, but is simply trying to make the BA more organized. If he forgot you, then it must be because you have been very busy with tourneys and so forth.

Whew..........that felt good.......Have a nice day

Last edited by Kataracks; 07-29-2003 at 01:43 PM.
Old 07-29-2003, 03:25 PM   #7
.Con.
.Pezzonovete.

Rap Worlds Cash: 5.00
.Con. has mad game.Con. has mad game.Con. has mad game.Con. has mad game.Con. has mad game.Con. has mad game.Con. has mad game.Con. has mad game.Con. has mad game.Con. has mad game.Con. has mad game

Send a message via AIM to .Con. Send a message via MSN to .Con.
Ok...

1-Spamming DEFO should be stopped but the spammers should be warned rather than their posts being deleted.The deleting will give Denz a pain in the neck..hes told every mod not to delete threads and posts.This messes up the administration and shit cuz so many post counts will have to be sorta renowned and shit.

I think spamming can be stopped if we give out Warning List. the warning list will consist of a lot of different what you might call " RW Crimes " and if they get a certain amount of Warnings for spamming or anything then they get banned or warned. For E.g. if they do double posts within 24 hours then they get so many points, and the points will be eradicated every month if it hasnt reached a 100.Then ban the ***** for about a month. If banning isnt the right option then you might decide to put a warning on him or he can only post a CERTAIN amount of posts in 24 hours, if that option aint available then you might remove him from Voting in the Awards or anything of that sort of punishment.

2.I don't agree with the moderator only setting up battles(sorry Bk)...Peeps will have to wait a long time for Mod to come online and shit, i know for some textcee's this might mean that they have more time to write but some people are really eager to battle and if it takes too long they lose the motivation to battle and dont produce good shit.Also,maybe some ppl will disagree with the bar length the Mod sets up.Peeps should be allowed to open ONLY 1 THREAD and if they do open another one it should be closed and the peep should be given a warning. Another thing is if it is 1 moderator doing all the work like setting the threads he will have so much stress on his head and people will be nagging him to change the bar lenght and do this shit and that, so that will lead to longer and longer delays, if you weigh it up which one is better spamming or the delay of battles and the quality of rhyme produced? i think this is for denz to be decided.

3.The links seems like a coo' idea for more suitable votes...most peeps dont give out fully explained votes and now theyll be afraid of the mods so they will vote fairly and explain it well now.This will also decrease D/ring and hate votes and all that to a certain amount-No one hates anyone so much to write an essay about him for just one vote-no one aint got that time.I do think that the links should be reduced to one instead of 2 and that the mods put up a frequent check on them.Voting should be checked BUT PLEASE DONT DELETE POSTS - this messes the whole system up.Why do you think normal members cant delete posts and threads?did you ever think that when RW was closed for 1-2 days it wuz becuz of this shit ?
Another way for people to give straight and honest votes is if you set a category in the monthly awards for Best Voter and Person who votes the most, this will encourage people even more to vote. And they will vote frequently and the battles will be out of the way.

4.Peeps should be given due dates to post their shit.I agree wit oblivion for that-BUT I also believe that a battle should be given 4 days or summit like that(maybe even 1 week or two for cru wars)to be voted on.When that time expires the one with the most votes takes the win else its 3-0 and first to 5.This will be just like soccer-most goals in the specified time wins it.IF The votes are toed then i guess a deciding vote should be set up on which a moderator or a reasonable voter should be requested to vote-that vote will get NO OPPOSITION...Now another thing rises with this-the winner of the best voter award and runner up get to choose the deciding vote if by any chance the mod is inactive or he is a crew member..*Smacks oblivion for suggesting the deleting of votes*..j/k lol.but i dont think this will be a good idea.administrative problems yknuh.

CONCLUSION

For Denz to decide...

.SK BITCH !!!!
Old 07-29-2003, 04:28 PM   #8
Bruh Man
Upstairs 5th flo\'

Rap Worlds Cash: 20757.50
Bruh Man is bigger than George W. BushBruh Man is bigger than George W. BushBruh Man is bigger than George W. BushBruh Man is bigger than George W. BushBruh Man is bigger than George W. BushBruh Man is bigger than George W. BushBruh Man is bigger than George W. BushBruh Man is bigger than George W. BushBruh Man is bigger than George W. BushBruh Man is bigger than George W. BushBruh Man is bigger than George W. Bush

^ i have already had a battle deleated because i did not ask BK brawla to set it up that is the only rule i do not agree with

I WAS infact gona have a quick battle with THE TRUTH so i am a victim of this...
Old 07-29-2003, 07:13 PM   #9
BkBrawla
Rw Godfather.

Rap Worlds Cash: 2788.00
BkBrawla is smoking this mutharfucka upBkBrawla is smoking this mutharfucka upBkBrawla is smoking this mutharfucka upBkBrawla is smoking this mutharfucka upBkBrawla is smoking this mutharfucka upBkBrawla is smoking this mutharfucka upBkBrawla is smoking this mutharfucka upBkBrawla is smoking this mutharfucka upBkBrawla is smoking this mutharfucka upBkBrawla is smoking this mutharfucka upBkBrawla is smoking this mutharfucka up

Send a message via AIM to BkBrawla Send a message via MSN to BkBrawla Send a message via Yahoo to BkBrawla
k k i see no one like'z the mod settin up the battlez for now on . do not pay attention to that.thanx
Old 07-29-2003, 07:41 PM   #10
funk_M
Got Trained By Arnie

Rap Worlds Cash: 66132.24
funk_M is one of the illestfunk_M is one of the illestfunk_M is one of the illestfunk_M is one of the illestfunk_M is one of the illestfunk_M is one of the illestfunk_M is one of the illestfunk_M is one of the illestfunk_M is one of the illestfunk_M is one of the illestfunk_M is one of the illest

hmmm...seeing the length of everyone elses feedback is giving me an inferiority complex about the size of my feedback.....

terminology verbose, vocabs grandiose i make dictionaries defunct,
hot lines that emblaze minds, eyes see the time as etched with funk...

Once... the interstellar trend setter, delivering males when i send letters
a machine of lines that vends better, erasing frames as i bless lessers

I create constellations and carry the weight that others fear
and drop acid in salivations that saturate the stratosphere

Closed Thread