Rap Worlds Forums  

Go Back   Rap Worlds Forums > Main Category > Hip Hop Forum > International, UK Hip Hop & OZ Hip Hop
Home Gallery Battle Statistics Store Poker Arcade Links Link Us Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2007, 05:14 PM   #1
adinkent
Home Dogg

Rap Worlds Cash: 1800.00
adinkent has mad gameadinkent has mad gameadinkent has mad gameadinkent has mad gameadinkent has mad gameadinkent has mad gameadinkent has mad gameadinkent has mad gameadinkent has mad gameadinkent has mad gameadinkent has mad game

UK: When is hiphop hiphop or garage?

I must admit I dont have a huge collection of recent UK hiphop like you all might but I have been put off with garage style rapping/rhymes.

No diss to garage but its not my cup of tea and a lot of raps flow like it.

Where do you think the genre line is drawn with UK artists?
adinkent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 12:12 AM   #2
MikeMerchendise
the Gangster nigga

Rap Worlds Cash: 727.00
MikeMerchendise is bigger than George W. BushMikeMerchendise is bigger than George W. BushMikeMerchendise is bigger than George W. BushMikeMerchendise is bigger than George W. BushMikeMerchendise is bigger than George W. BushMikeMerchendise is bigger than George W. BushMikeMerchendise is bigger than George W. BushMikeMerchendise is bigger than George W. BushMikeMerchendise is bigger than George W. BushMikeMerchendise is bigger than George W. BushMikeMerchendise is bigger than George W. Bush

Re: UK: When is hiphop hiphop or garage?

Real uk hiphop is the stuff that doesnt get played on channel u with a few exceptions. Wherebouts in Kent you from bruv? You know Chatham (Medway)?
MikeMerchendise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 02:12 AM   #3
Karl
Home Dogg

Rap Worlds Cash: 285.50
Karl owns Rap WorldsKarl owns Rap WorldsKarl owns Rap WorldsKarl owns Rap WorldsKarl owns Rap WorldsKarl owns Rap WorldsKarl owns Rap WorldsKarl owns Rap WorldsKarl owns Rap WorldsKarl owns Rap WorldsKarl owns Rap Worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral Mouse View Post
Real uk hiphop is the stuff that doesnt get played on channel u with a few exceptions. Wherebouts in Kent you from bruv? You know Chatham (Medway)?
don't matter if it underground or popular. all that matters is if you like it.
Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 02:13 AM   #4
RugerGlocks
BeanTown Beast

Rap Worlds Cash: 362.50
RugerGlocks is a dope memberRugerGlocks is a dope memberRugerGlocks is a dope memberRugerGlocks is a dope member

dizzee rascal one of my fav rappers from da u.k

RugerGlocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 02:16 AM   #5
MikeMerchendise
the Gangster nigga

MikeMerchendise is bigger than George W. BushMikeMerchendise is bigger than George W. BushMikeMerchendise is bigger than George W. BushMikeMerchendise is bigger than George W. BushMikeMerchendise is bigger than George W. BushMikeMerchendise is bigger than George W. BushMikeMerchendise is bigger than George W. BushMikeMerchendise is bigger than George W. BushMikeMerchendise is bigger than George W. BushMikeMerchendise is bigger than George W. BushMikeMerchendise is bigger than George W. Bush

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr skittles View Post
don't matter if it underground or popular. all that matters is if you like it.
Nah man i was answering the question in the title. The "Garage/Grime/whatever people whoe generalise things want to call it" is a lot different to what iwas calling "real uk hiphop".

I get what you mean though and i hate all this music sub genre business.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:52 AM   #6
Gold.
<script >alert(1) < /

Rap Worlds Cash: 8817.00
Gold. is bigger than George W. BushGold. is bigger than George W. BushGold. is bigger than George W. BushGold. is bigger than George W. BushGold. is bigger than George W. BushGold. is bigger than George W. BushGold. is bigger than George W. BushGold. is bigger than George W. BushGold. is bigger than George W. BushGold. is bigger than George W. BushGold. is bigger than George W. Bush

Send a message via AIM to Gold.

I think you probably mean grime, cos technically garage is like oxide and neutrino, Artful Dodger and shit which is completely different and is a dance genre. Grime songs are faster, more synth based, and tend to have analog claps in the beats instead of snares. They rap about hoes, being gangtaz ect. Basicly, grime is club music, UK hip hop at the moment is more like 90's NY hip hop, in terms of beats and lyrics
Gold. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 09:11 AM   #7
adinkent
Home Dogg

adinkent has mad gameadinkent has mad gameadinkent has mad gameadinkent has mad gameadinkent has mad gameadinkent has mad gameadinkent has mad gameadinkent has mad gameadinkent has mad gameadinkent has mad gameadinkent has mad game

[quote=Feral Mouse;1165290]Real uk hiphop is the stuff that doesnt get played on channel u with a few exceptions. Wherebouts in Kent you from bruv? You know Chatham (Medway)?[/quote]

Yes, I live sunny Strood in Mudway!.
I thought you lived in Bristol?

My mate has channel U and I watched it around his house and did not like a lot the uk stuff I saw at that time and he was saying to thats the style with uk hiphop, it has influence from "grime" etc so I thought ok not my thing.
But then a week after that I bought a Dj MK cd (above board) and I thought this is more like it (I think thats a classic cd).

Do you think its a supply and demand situation where you get a lot of youths wanting the quickly rhymed hoe/gangstarr talk rather than intelligent hiphop lyrics, so channel U goes with that?............................................

Or am I an old bastard talking like this in the first place?
Old 02-22-2007, 12:16 PM   #8
MikeMerchendise
the Gangster nigga

Quote:
Do you think its a supply and demand situation where you get a lot of youths wanting the quickly rhymed hoe/gangstarr talk rather than intelligent hiphop lyrics, so channel U goes with that?............................................
I don't think the youths are interested with the music at all, it's more the image they want to get into and be a part of. Channel U takes advantage of artists that want a quick buck, forces them to put more time into the music video than the production and lyrics.

Quote:
Yes, I live sunny Strood in Mudway!.
I thought you lived in Bristol?
Yeah I know Strood well man, Chatham born and bred, just staying in Bristol while i'm at uni.

You ever heard of Hard Livin'? They're a Medway based Uk Hiphop group.

This is one of the few exceptions on Channel U I was talking about. You might notice some of the places from Chatham and Gillingham in this vid:

Old 02-22-2007, 12:23 PM   #9
MikeMerchendise
the Gangster nigga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold View Post
I think you probably mean grime, cos technically garage is like oxide and neutrino, Artful Dodger and shit which is completely different and is a dance genre. Grime songs are faster, more synth based, and tend to have analog claps in the beats instead of snares. They rap about hoes, being gangtaz ect. Basicly, grime is club music, UK hip hop at the moment is more like 90's NY hip hop, in terms of beats and lyrics
Yeah i know what you mean man but Grime was birthed from elements and influences of both Hiphop and Garage, hence why people in its early days used to call it garage, before it was established as a seperate genre.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:20 PM   #10
adinkent
Home Dogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral Mouse View Post
I don't think the youths are interested with the music at all, it's more the image they want to get into and be a part of. Channel U takes advantage of artists that want a quick buck, forces them to put more time into the music video than the production and lyrics.

Yeah I know Strood well man, Chatham born and bred, just staying in Bristol while i'm at uni.

You ever heard of Hard Livin'? They're a Medway based Uk Hiphop group.

This is one of the few exceptions on Channel U I was talking about. You might notice some of the places from Chatham and Gillingham in this vid:

Nice one Feral, its actualy a good track. Yes I think that last place in the vid was the near shipstrade by the dockyard?

You will have to PM me on the local news, particularly on any events if there are any.

anyway, study hard man!