Rap Worlds Forums  

Go Back   Rap Worlds Forums > Artists > Eminem
Home Gallery Battle Statistics Store Poker Arcade Links Link Us Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2014, 03:32 PM   #1
memwvv33
Gangsta

Rap Worlds Cash: 9320.00
memwvv33 is near the bottom of the Rap Worlds Hierarchy

moncler size chart 8JoP67 JjYaF G2DU kids moncler jackets

Decades have slipped by since Maggie Burnett left her Monetta, S.C., home, but she is forever a farmer's daughter."Growing things gives you a different feeling," she said. "It does something for the body, like it stimulates the body. I enjoy it."Actually, Burnett is a farmer - an urban farmer - and probably one of the few people in New York with a garden that bears her name.Burnett has looked after the single-lot-sized plot on the south side of 149th St., between Broadway and Amsterdam Ave., since the city knocked down the rickety house that once stood there in 1974.She has picked up the trash, had abandoned cars towed and - with the help of the 30th Precinct police - had rid the lot of a bevy of drug dealers."They used to sell everything in here," she said. "Those three buildings across the street, they were nothing but drug dens. Me and the 30th Precinct, we fought until we got them closed. My life was threatened, but I kept on going, because I have faith. I did not let them turn me."Bette Midler and her New York Restoration Project came calling in 1999, using bulldozers and landscapers to help turn the lot that Burnett said at the time was "me, weeds and six chickens" into the green pink moncler oasis of dogwood trees, hedges, raspberry vines, benches and a barbecue pit that it is today."We'll plant as soon as it turns warm," Burnett said. "We'll put in tomatoes, collard greens, zucchini, yellow squash, onions, pepper, okra, cucumbers and lettuce on all those little plots you see in there."When the vegetables ripe we give them to anyone in the neighborhood who wants them," she added.Former President Bill Clinton and Rep. Charlie Rangel were on hand when they renamed it "Maggie's Garden" in September 2002.The honors just keep coming. Last week, Burnett was one of three New Yorkers to receive President Obama's 2011 Presidential Call to Service Award at ceremonies held on the pedestrian mall at Times Square."I got the message a few days before the ceremony," Burnett said. "A lady called me and said, 'We have an moncler black jacket award for you and, on April 14, you have to come down and get it.' She gave me her phone number and said ... 'Call me if you need more information.'"I wrote down the phone number, then I called her back the next day just to see if it was true. But it was true," she added.Burnett has lived in Harlem since she came to visit with her brother, Willie Harley Jr., when she was 15 years old.By the way, Burnett said she is 67 years old - the same age she was when the garden was named for her - more proof, she said, that working with the Earth can keep you young.She said her mother, Maggie, and father, Willie, were farmers who "taught me if it ain't worth working for and fighting for the right way, it ain't worth having."I learned that as a child," she said. "My mother and father always were fighters. They said if there is something you want, you gotta work hard to earn it. That stays in my heart and in my mind."Where there moncler nantes hooded down coat is a will there is a way," she said.Burnett made a living as a domestic, working for famed author Robert Ludlum in his Englewood, N.J., home."His family was so great, and he was a great man," Burnett said. "I was with him when he wrote his first book, the 'Scarletti Inheritance.' He gave me an autographed copy."Burnett stayed in Harlem after Ludlum moved to Connecticut, managing the Straight Arrow Laundry down the street from her home for six years before retiring."I'm moncler jackets online shop retired but I still work," she said. "I can't sit still. That's not in me."She's at the garden most days, especially when the weather is nice. Neighbors know to call her - she lives down the street - if they see someone lurking around the garden's black wrought-iron gates."The people in this neighborhood give me great respect, and I love them for that," she said.Burnett still remembers her first meeting with Midler, who made Maggie's Garden one of the first beneficiaries of her NYRP program."It was a very cold morning; I'll never forget," Burnett said. "My phone rang and the person said, 'Maggie Burnett?' I said yes, and he said we're over at your garden. I threw on a jacket and went outside. He said, 'I have someone special I want you moncler coats for cheap to meet.' He opened the car door and said, 'This is Bette Midler.' "I said, 'You joking!'"Midler told Burnett some workmen would be over at 6 a.m. to give her a helping hand on the garden. "I was so excited I daunenjacke moncler could not sleep," Burnett said. "I was dressed and ready to walk out the door at 6a.m. when I heard these bulldozers and trucks coming down the street. I believe even the chickens were happy to see them because they were getting a new home."Ms. Midler is a wonderful, wonderful person. Her heart is bigger than she is."Maggie's Garden is having an organizational meeting at 5 p.m. today at the garden, 564 W. 149th St.The NYRP website is www.nyrp.org.crichardson@nydailynews.com ???????? moncler zomerjas 9EgF25 Q4GgP X3EJ moncler handbag moncler womens jackets 8AbC52 ICUdG JuJA moncler p moncler lans 8MgS58 MoPqN DzXB moncler jackets men
memwvv33 is offline   Reply With Quote