Rap Worlds Forums  

Go Back   Rap Worlds Forums > Artists > Ja Rule
Home Gallery Battle Statistics Store Poker Arcade Links Link Us Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2003, 11:03 AM   #1
Denz
Cheer up!

Rap Worlds Cash: 289774.00
Denz is bigger than George W. BushDenz is bigger than George W. BushDenz is bigger than George W. BushDenz is bigger than George W. BushDenz is bigger than George W. BushDenz is bigger than George W. BushDenz is bigger than George W. BushDenz is bigger than George W. BushDenz is bigger than George W. BushDenz is bigger than George W. BushDenz is bigger than George W. Bush

Won: 1
Lost: 0

Smoke Ja Rule looses his cool in South Africa

Ja Rule can't seem to escape the shadow of 50 Cent, no matter how far away he roams. This past Sunday at a concert date across the globe in Durban, South Africa, Ja and his entourage reportedly got angry at a local DJ for playing 50 Cent's 21 Questions - threatening to either break the DJ's records or his neck.

Sakhile Xulu, 24, known to his followers as DJ Staxx, was booked to play after Ja Rule's performance at the concert. Shortly after Ja Rule's set, Staxx immediately played 21 Questions by 50 Cent. "I chose it because, as an entertainer, I give the people what they want to hear. At the moment, this is the most popular song in 10 countries," said Staxx. Within minutes, the DJ said his sound was switched off and he was told over the PA system that he wasn't allowed to play that particular song. That was soon followed by one of Ja's associates who climbed the tower where Staxx was playing and gave the DJ two choices: either hand over the record so that it could be destroyed or have his neck broken after the show.

A dismayed Staxx said that he tried to bargain with the man, requesting that he give him money in exchange for the records. "I had no security, no contact with the crew and this guy was standing there threatening me and swearing at me while I was trying to perform. I didn't want to test his patience. I was totally alone in that tower and he could have easily pushed me off it." He said the "bully" then took the record, broke it into pieces and threw it onto the floor.

Mike Fuller from Famous Concerts, one of the co-promoters of the concert, downplayed the incident, insinuating that Staxx should have been sensitive of the well-documented beef between Ja Rule and 50 Cent. "I am sure that the DJ didn't realize what he was doing, but it was really like waving a red flag at a bull." Fuller admitted that Ja's team made sure that the record wasn't played again, but denied any "smashing of records."

DJ Staxx said he is not planning to press charges, though he will seek a court order to make Ja Rule apologize publicly as well as reimburse him for the broken record(s).

This is yet another negative hit for Ja Rule since his tour began in Johannesburg on July 4th. It was during this first leg of the SA tour that local artists walked out because of unfair treatment, allegedly because Ja Rule wanted the entire backstage to himself and his entourage. The local acts said they had to argue to gain access to the backstage area and were forced to squeeze into a single dressing room for both male and female artists to share. They further explained how they were ushered out of the backstage area immediately following their performances, disallowed access to the VIP area and made to stand with the audience to watch the rest of the show.
Denz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 11:55 AM   #2
Tupac
Rap Worlds God

Rap Worlds Cash: 60.00
Tupac is a quality memberTupac is a quality memberTupac is a quality memberTupac is a quality memberTupac is a quality memberTupac is a quality member

Ridicolous
Tupac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 12:52 PM   #3
shadyslady
Banned

shadyslady has a bad record

thats so out of order,that guy needed 2 take a chill pill!
and the local artists were treated well badly,fcuk ja man
shadyslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2003, 08:05 AM   #4
Hensch

Rap Worlds Cash: 31.00
Hensch is near the bottom of the Rap Worlds Hierarchy

Send a message via MSN to Hensch
I Think Ja Need To Swallow The Pill Of Defeat.
Hensch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2003, 08:23 AM   #5
ThizZuG
Home Dogg

ThizZuG is near the bottom of the Rap Worlds Hierarchy

Send a message via ICQ to ThizZuG Send a message via AIM to ThizZuG Send a message via Yahoo to ThizZuG
sounds like s uch a load of crap

http://tek-labs.com
ThizZuG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 02:26 PM   #6
LaDy_Em
Banned

LaDy_Em is near the bottom of the Rap Worlds Hierarchy

haaa
LaDy_Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 08:31 AM   #7
Amberlee
Home Dogg

Rap Worlds Cash: 38.00
Amberlee is near the bottom of the Rap Worlds Hierarchy

ja's a wannabe gangsta. i think he needs to die.
Amberlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 12:03 PM   #8
~Eclipse~
*~u LuV iT~*

~Eclipse~ is near the bottom of the Rap Worlds Hierarchy

Quote:
Originally posted by Hensch
I Think Ja Need To Swallow The Pill Of Defeat.
agree with your wise words man....
I bEeN wOrKiN aT iT eVeR sInCe I cAmE tO tHiS pLaNeT,
aNd I aInT qUiTe ThErE yEt
BuT i'M gEtTiN bEtTeR aT iT*~....
~Eclipse~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 10:24 AM   #9
lawdka0z
Rookie

lawdka0z is near the bottom of the Rap Worlds Hierarchy

oh come on, like 50 cent wouldnt of had a hissy fit if they played JA during 50's concert
lawdka0z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 01:33 PM   #10
RingerOOO7
Please Confirm Email

RingerOOO7 is near the bottom of the Rap Worlds Hierarchy

Ja Rule, the Greatest of All-Time has a lot of haters mang. Y'all need to respect the top dogg mang. Ja is the best out there mang. And that's the truth mang!

IT'S MURDA!

Mang!

Ja Rule > 50 Cent
RingerOOO7 is offline   Reply With Quote