Rap Worlds Forums  

Go Back   Rap Worlds Forums > Main Category > Sports Central
Home Gallery Battle Statistics Store Poker Arcade Links Link Us Mark Forums Read

Tags
bear, jay cutler, trade

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-02-2009, 08:51 PM   #1
Ari Gold
The Gold Standard

Rap Worlds Cash: 580.50
Ari Gold is bigger than George W. BushAri Gold is bigger than George W. BushAri Gold is bigger than George W. BushAri Gold is bigger than George W. BushAri Gold is bigger than George W. BushAri Gold is bigger than George W. BushAri Gold is bigger than George W. BushAri Gold is bigger than George W. BushAri Gold is bigger than George W. BushAri Gold is bigger than George W. BushAri Gold is bigger than George W. Bush

Bears Trade For Jay Cutler

Quote:
LAKE FOREST, Ill. – Not only were the Bears involved in the Jay Cutler derby, but they won it.

The Bears pulled off a blockbuster trade Thursday, boldly acquiring Pro Bowl quarterback Jay Cutler and a 2009 fifth-round draft pick (140th overall) in exchange for quarterback Kyle Orton and three draft picks: a first-rounder (18th) and third-rounder (84th) in 2009 and a first-rounder in 2010.

Cutler, 25, played his first three NFL seasons with the Broncos after arriving as the 11th overall pick in the 2006 draft. In his first full season as a starter in 2007, he completed 63.6 percent of his passes for 3,497 yards with 20 touchdowns, 14 interceptions and an 88.1 passer rating.

Cutler was voted to the Pro Bowl in 2008 after connecting on 62.3 percent of his passes for 4,526 yards with 25 TDs, 18 interceptions and an 86.0 rating. By comparison, the Bears’ single-season record for passing yards is 3,838, set by Erik Kramer in 1995.

Cutler grew up as a Bears fan in Santa Claus, Ind., and will be reunited in Chicago with two former Vanderbilt teammates, wide receiver Earl Bennett and offensive tackle Chris Williams. Cutler thinks so much of Bennett that he returned to Vanderbilt to throw to the receiver during Bennett’s Pro Day workout a year ago.

Cutler apparently was upset when the Broncos fired head coach Mike Shanahan and even more angry when he found out that Shanahan’s replacement, Josh McDaniels, was attempting to trade for Patriots quarterback Matt Cassel.

The Redskins, Jets, Buccaneers and 49ers were believed to be the frontrunners in the Cutler derby, but it was the Bears who landed the promising young quarterback in what is undoubtedly the boldest move that Jerry Angelo has made since becoming general manager in 2001.
Source: http://www.chicagobears.com/news/New...?story_id=5699

I couldn't stand Orton, he floated the team by like he did his rookie season so I could give a shit about him, but the 2 first rounders hurt....Cutler is a proven tested QB though and I think it'll work out well esspecially since we have a running game now (Forte) and we just signed Orlando Pace. Only tihng I'm worried about is our recievers :/.

I think we'll be back into the playoffs atleast, maybe NFC champs if the whole team can stay healthy (which hasn't happened since the year we went to the SB).

Ari Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:55 PM   #2
Houston
Houston

Rap Worlds Cash: 1870.00
Houston is bigger than George W. BushHouston is bigger than George W. BushHouston is bigger than George W. BushHouston is bigger than George W. BushHouston is bigger than George W. BushHouston is bigger than George W. BushHouston is bigger than George W. BushHouston is bigger than George W. BushHouston is bigger than George W. BushHouston is bigger than George W. BushHouston is bigger than George W. Bush

Re: Bears Trade For Jay Cutler

good trade for both...Bears get a better QB and Broncos get 2 first round picks which is always good.
My City. Screw's City. Home of the caddys, slabs, blades, swangas, chrysler 300's, lean, dodge chargers, chopped & screwed, the grey cassette, comin' down, poppin trunk, bangin' screw, Houston, TX. What Ya Know 'Bout It.
Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:38 AM   #3
Most Underrated
Gangsta

Rap Worlds Cash: 7542.00
Most Underrated owns Rap WorldsMost Underrated owns Rap WorldsMost Underrated owns Rap WorldsMost Underrated owns Rap WorldsMost Underrated owns Rap WorldsMost Underrated owns Rap WorldsMost Underrated owns Rap WorldsMost Underrated owns Rap WorldsMost Underrated owns Rap WorldsMost Underrated owns Rap WorldsMost Underrated owns Rap Worlds

Won: 0
Lost: 1

Send a message via AIM to Most Underrated

Honestly I think The Broncos get the better deal by far, 2 first rounders and a 3rd rounder plus a starting qb? Plus I don't think Cutler is all that and who's he throwing to? Orton is a capable starter, it's not like this crazy huge downgrade. Though Cutler is the best QB the Bears have had in decades, literally.

Last edited by Most Underrated; 04-03-2009 at 01:39 AM.
Most Underrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:38 PM   #4
Yur Worst Enemy
Mirth

Rap Worlds Cash: 1874.50
Yur Worst Enemy is bigger than George W. BushYur Worst Enemy is bigger than George W. BushYur Worst Enemy is bigger than George W. BushYur Worst Enemy is bigger than George W. BushYur Worst Enemy is bigger than George W. BushYur Worst Enemy is bigger than George W. BushYur Worst Enemy is bigger than George W. BushYur Worst Enemy is bigger than George W. BushYur Worst Enemy is bigger than George W. BushYur Worst Enemy is bigger than George W. BushYur Worst Enemy is bigger than George W. Bush

Send a message via AIM to Yur Worst Enemy Send a message via MSN to Yur Worst Enemy Send a message via Yahoo to Yur Worst Enemy

Yeah, the Broncos got a lot of picks. But picks are still question marks. Jay Cutler is a certified G. Easily in the top 5. It's not his fault the Broncos had the nastiest defense in the league last year.

Bears got the better deal for now. Who knows what those picks will develop into. All I gotta say is, after this trade, the Chargers have officially clinched the AFC West. They have 0 competition left in the division now

"
And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,
For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therin I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak...
"
---(Ephesians 6:19-20)
Yur Worst Enemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:28 PM   #5
Ari Gold
The Gold Standard

Ari Gold is bigger than George W. BushAri Gold is bigger than George W. BushAri Gold is bigger than George W. BushAri Gold is bigger than George W. BushAri Gold is bigger than George W. BushAri Gold is bigger than George W. BushAri Gold is bigger than George W. BushAri Gold is bigger than George W. BushAri Gold is bigger than George W. BushAri Gold is bigger than George W. BushAri Gold is bigger than George W. Bush

^Yeah, just becuase a player is picked in the firsat round doesn't garuntee that he'll be a cornerstone at the position he's picked at for the team...the Bears have such bad draft luck I actually like this trade, Cutler, already a good quarterback can only get better, he's very young too. We've found our new franchise quarterback.

Old 04-04-2009, 12:30 AM   #6
Most Underrated
Gangsta

Most Underrated owns Rap WorldsMost Underrated owns Rap WorldsMost Underrated owns Rap WorldsMost Underrated owns Rap WorldsMost Underrated owns Rap WorldsMost Underrated owns Rap WorldsMost Underrated owns Rap WorldsMost Underrated owns Rap WorldsMost Underrated owns Rap WorldsMost Underrated owns Rap WorldsMost Underrated owns Rap Worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yur Worst Enemy View Post
Yeah, the Broncos got a lot of picks. But picks are still question marks. Jay Cutler is a certified G. Easily in the top 5. It's not his fault the Broncos had the nastiest defense in the league last year.

Bears got the better deal for now. Who knows what those picks will develop into. All I gotta say is, after this trade, the Chargers have officially clinched the AFC West. They have 0 competition left in the division now
Yeah Cutler was top 5 last year statwise but is he a better qb than Brady, Manning, Roethlisberger, Brees, McNabb, not at all. Is he clutch? Cutler has a below .500 career record in the NFL. Not saying he can't be great or he's not but he's not this crazy qb, he is no Tom Brady but hell yeah Bears fans should be excited its the best qb they've had in a long time.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:54 AM   #7
LBurna
One Love

Rap Worlds Cash: 290.50
LBurna is bigger than George W. BushLBurna is bigger than George W. BushLBurna is bigger than George W. BushLBurna is bigger than George W. BushLBurna is bigger than George W. BushLBurna is bigger than George W. BushLBurna is bigger than George W. BushLBurna is bigger than George W. BushLBurna is bigger than George W. BushLBurna is bigger than George W. BushLBurna is bigger than George W. Bush

Send a message via AIM to LBurna

his 17-20 record can't be solely blamed on him. the Broncos' D the past few years has been ass. one of the worst D's in the league.

LBurna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 01:45 AM   #8
tbrealtbcool
capo di tutti capi

Rap Worlds Cash: 5924.00
tbrealtbcool is bigger than George W. Bushtbrealtbcool is bigger than George W. Bushtbrealtbcool is bigger than George W. Bushtbrealtbcool is bigger than George W. Bushtbrealtbcool is bigger than George W. Bushtbrealtbcool is bigger than George W. Bushtbrealtbcool is bigger than George W. Bushtbrealtbcool is bigger than George W. Bushtbrealtbcool is bigger than George W. Bushtbrealtbcool is bigger than George W. Bushtbrealtbcool is bigger than George W. Bush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Most Underrated View Post
Plus I don't think Cutler is all that
he threw for 4,500 yards last year... just don't speak my friend

obviously a good deal... i'm glad Cutler is out of my division now the Raiders only legit competition is the Chargers...

KC is fucked for a few yrs
Denver has NO D and probably wont be a factor for a couple years as well... Orton sucks and by the way Rex > Orton.

Last edited by tbrealtbcool; 04-04-2009 at 01:51 AM.
tbrealtbcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 01:57 AM   #9
Ari Gold
The Gold Standard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted DiBiase View Post

obviously a good deal... i'm glad Cutler is out of my division now the Raiders only legit competition is the Chargers...

Denver has NO D and probably wont be a factor for a couple years as well... Orton sucks and by the way Rex > Orton.
I've been saying it for months...

Old 04-04-2009, 02:06 AM   #10
Most Underrated
Gangsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted DiBiase View Post

Hahaha I don't care if he throws for 5,000 if he doesn't win it means nothing, well other than HOF credentials. That's the reason I'll take Brady or Roethlisberger over Manning or Brees. Brady has 3 rings, Ben has 2, when Cutler even gets close then you can come back. I never said Cutler was garbage, I'd say he's a just above average starter.