Rap Worlds Forums  

Go Back   Rap Worlds Forums > Main Category > Sports Central
Home Gallery Battle Statistics Store Poker Arcade Links Link Us Mark Forums Read

Tags
ufc 100 discussion thread

Old 07-17-2009, 09:20 PM   #81
The Troof
Super Fly

Rap Worlds Cash: 228143.00
The Troof is bigger than George W. BushThe Troof is bigger than George W. BushThe Troof is bigger than George W. BushThe Troof is bigger than George W. BushThe Troof is bigger than George W. BushThe Troof is bigger than George W. BushThe Troof is bigger than George W. BushThe Troof is bigger than George W. BushThe Troof is bigger than George W. BushThe Troof is bigger than George W. BushThe Troof is bigger than George W. Bush

Won: 2
Lost: 0

Re: UFC 100 Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrillz View Post
he will lose eventually... thats why i want him to go to UFC... Barnett is his first real challenge in Afflriction, face it Arvloski and Sylvia are both past their prime.

I want Fedor v. Mir, Fedor v. Nog (again), Fedor v. Lesnar, Fedor v. Gonzaga

He's 32 years old and isn't gonna be on top of his game forever, I want him to come to UFC before he becomes a shell of his former self. True outside of UFC he can ocasionally get a good opponent, but since Pride folded, UFC is the org that holds the most challenges for Fedor. I still say he's overrated though, besides a handful of good fighters that he's fought... he's also fought some wack dudes.. (Zuluzinho & Choi Hong-man) The time spent preparing for those fights could have been spent preparing for serious contenders...
Well both were definatly top 10 fighters at the time of the fight. I'm just gonna speak on Arlovski though, because it's getting harder and harder to defend Sylvia. Arlovski was on a 3 fight winning streak with wins over Werdum(former top 10 fighter), O'Brian(undefeated at the time), and Pe Da Pano(beat Mir). After he left the UFC he eventually beat Nelson and Rothwell, which both were top 15, argueably top 10. That put him on a 5 fight win streak with Fedor being his 6th fight. Everyone was saying he was back to his old aggresive ways, but a bit more technical. He showed this in the Fedor fight by outboxing him for the first few minutes untill his chin became his downfall. Also, Rogers was a bad match up for Arlovski when you think about it. Rogers is an aggressive, undefeated, power puncher. Arlovski is a technical boxer, with limited defense, and a bad chin.

Also, there is a few match ups outside of the UFC if he doesn't sign, which according to him he doesn't think it will happen..

Quote:
[21-09, 01:32] sellindatcrack yo keep pushin me and i'll get verm to murk ur moms too

Last edited by The Troof; 07-17-2009 at 09:23 PM.
The Troof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 09:32 PM   #82
The Troof
Super Fly

The Troof is bigger than George W. BushThe Troof is bigger than George W. BushThe Troof is bigger than George W. BushThe Troof is bigger than George W. BushThe Troof is bigger than George W. BushThe Troof is bigger than George W. BushThe Troof is bigger than George W. BushThe Troof is bigger than George W. BushThe Troof is bigger than George W. BushThe Troof is bigger than George W. BushThe Troof is bigger than George W. Bush

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmaster b View Post
You want Fedor vs Mir?
Mir? the guy who got knocked out in a minute by Brandon fucking Vera. The 205 guy. Jesus Christ. I cant take you seriously if you say stupid shit like that.
Why not? He's ranked in the top 5 at least. He did beat Nogueira, which was the former #2 fighter in the world. Sure he just got beat so it's ok to hate on him now, but you can't deny his submission skills and his improving stand up. Sure Fedor would still win, but I would love to see this as well.

Quote:
I mean as bad as that one was, you actually followed it up to say you want Fedor vs Gonzaga lmfao. GON-ZAG-A! That guy who got TKO'd 3 times in his last 5 fights. Got his ass raped by a 45 year old guy that weighs 25 pounds less than him, by an up and coming shane carwin who knocked his ass out in the first minute, and by Werdum, who may i add, lost to AA, and junior dos santos.
Gonzaga is still a good fighter, with good wrestling, great BJJ, and decent, but powerful striking. I think he would still get TKO'd, but I still would wanna see fight Fedor for some reason. Also, why are you trying to downplay Werdum as a fighter? He has wins over GON-ZAG-A, Aleksander Emelianenko, Overeem, Roman Zentsov, and Vera. His only losses are to great fighters as well. Arlovski, like you said was #2 when he fought Fedor and is/was still a good fighter. Dos Santos is one of the best up and comers. He has good stand-up credentials and an improving ground game. Sergei Kharitonov has great boxing and good submission skills. Nogueira is one of the best to ever do it. Werdum is a good fighter, so don't make it seem as if it is a huge upset or something. Also, in the last two fights he lost he was winning untill he got caught (against Carwin) and gassed (against Werdum).

"Yeah... sorry man, i'm not taking anything you say about MMA seriously."

Quote:
[21-09, 01:32] sellindatcrack yo keep pushin me and i'll get verm to murk ur moms too

Old 07-17-2009, 10:32 PM   #83
The FranchiZe
Intricate Syndicate

Rap Worlds Cash: 1222.50
The FranchiZe is a strong force on Rap WorldsThe FranchiZe is a strong force on Rap WorldsThe FranchiZe is a strong force on Rap WorldsThe FranchiZe is a strong force on Rap WorldsThe FranchiZe is a strong force on Rap WorldsThe FranchiZe is a strong force on Rap WorldsThe FranchiZe is a strong force on Rap WorldsThe FranchiZe is a strong force on Rap WorldsThe FranchiZe is a strong force on Rap WorldsThe FranchiZe is a strong force on Rap WorldsThe FranchiZe is a strong force on Rap Worlds

Won: 5
Lost: 2

I agree, even though Mir just took a loss to someone not as skilled, he's still top in that division and him VS Fedor would be competetive...

Here's a pic: http://rapworlds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110124

I'm a great with skill and poise from the state of Illinois
And the only MJ I looked up to wasn't rapin' little boys
- The 'ChiZe
The FranchiZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 10:54 PM   #84
grandmaster b
The Chess King

Rap Worlds Cash: 3570.00
grandmaster b is smoking this mutharfucka upgrandmaster b is smoking this mutharfucka upgrandmaster b is smoking this mutharfucka upgrandmaster b is smoking this mutharfucka upgrandmaster b is smoking this mutharfucka upgrandmaster b is smoking this mutharfucka upgrandmaster b is smoking this mutharfucka upgrandmaster b is smoking this mutharfucka upgrandmaster b is smoking this mutharfucka upgrandmaster b is smoking this mutharfucka upgrandmaster b is smoking this mutharfucka up

wasnt downplaying Werdum... I like Werdum which is why i mentioned him in HW's outside the ufc. But I was pointing out that AA beat him, because people try to write off AA as being a can, even though he left the UFC on a 3 fight win streak, and beat Werdum.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:00 PM   #85
grandmaster b
The Chess King

grandmaster b is smoking this mutharfucka upgrandmaster b is smoking this mutharfucka upgrandmaster b is smoking this mutharfucka upgrandmaster b is smoking this mutharfucka upgrandmaster b is smoking this mutharfucka upgrandmaster b is smoking this mutharfucka upgrandmaster b is smoking this mutharfucka upgrandmaster b is smoking this mutharfucka upgrandmaster b is smoking this mutharfucka upgrandmaster b is smoking this mutharfucka upgrandmaster b is smoking this mutharfucka up

Mir only beat nog that night because Nog wasnt fighting like Nog fights. He looked to be in the worst shape i have ever seen him going in to a fight, so i dont give Mir too much credit for it.

I find mir to be incredibly over rated, and people just jumped on his band wagon because they hate brock... fair enough.

Gonzaga is not someone I would honestly put against fedor for a match up. It would be like Zulu all over again. Well maybe not Zulu, but it wouldnt be close in any way.

It would be a waste of a fight to be honest. Zag is close to falling in to gatekeeper territory already. Mediocre fighter.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:07 PM   #86
fawnsworth b
I love Trannies

Rap Worlds Cash: 145.00
fawnsworth b has mad gamefawnsworth b has mad gamefawnsworth b has mad gamefawnsworth b has mad gamefawnsworth b has mad gamefawnsworth b has mad gamefawnsworth b has mad gamefawnsworth b has mad gamefawnsworth b has mad gamefawnsworth b has mad gamefawnsworth b has mad game

Scrillz where my money at b?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~scrilla~ View Post
i'm only young, im white and 16 and i can only hear the classic real hip-hop
fawnsworth b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 05:47 AM   #87
The Troof
Super Fly

Quote:
Mir only beat nog that night because Nog wasnt fighting like Nog fights. He looked to be in the worst shape i have ever seen him going in to a fight, so i dont give Mir too much credit for it.

I find mir to be incredibly over rated, and people just jumped on his band wagon because they hate brock... fair enough.

Gonzaga is not someone I would honestly put against fedor for a match up. It would be like Zulu all over again. Well maybe not Zulu, but it wouldnt be close in any way.

It would be a waste of a fight to be honest. Zag is close to falling in to gatekeeper territory already. Mediocre fighter.
Not too many people know this, but Nog had a knee injury and staph infection during the fight with Mir..

Quote:

Old 07-18-2009, 02:12 PM   #88
grandmaster b
The Chess King

Yeah the UFC kinda swept it under the rug because it would make mir look not as good as they wanted him to going into the unification match. I think Nog still has quite a bit left in his tank, and that the entire Mir fight was a fluke. Maybe not, who knows, but I think nog is going to crush randy.
Old 07-18-2009, 02:40 PM   #89
Ice Cube
Home Dogg

Rap Worlds Cash: 340.00
Ice Cube is one of the illestIce Cube is one of the illestIce Cube is one of the illestIce Cube is one of the illestIce Cube is one of the illestIce Cube is one of the illestIce Cube is one of the illestIce Cube is one of the illestIce Cube is one of the illestIce Cube is one of the illestIce Cube is one of the illest

Won: 0
Lost: 6

Good to see the UFC and MMA growing rapidly amongst hip hop fans over on RapWorlds, I like it.

Lesnar is a beast, the guy hasn't been in the game for long and is dominating. But I feel he isn't that great, he is only dominating due to his freak size and the power he brings. Once he is lying on you, you aren't getting up and two hits will jack your face up as shown in the second Mir fight.

GSP dominates once again, I feel he should have done more to finish Alves but fighting with an injured groin and fighting someone like Alves I suppose was a tough job to do.

Bisping got KO'd, first time in his career he hit the deck out cold. I wonder if this will complete him or break him, same goes to Rashad. Henderson was unloading that right hand all night, and Bisping just walked right into it.

Coleman I knew would beat Bonnar, but I still enjoy Bonnars fights.

Jones is a beast, spinning back hand or was it an elbow that rocked O'Brien then finished him with the guillotine.

Belcher/Akiyama was a fight in a half. The superman punch off the cage was beast, great fight.
Old 07-18-2009, 04:13 PM   #90
Scrilla
capo di tutti capi

Rap Worlds Cash: 8799.00
Scrilla is bigger than George W. BushScrilla is bigger than George W. BushScrilla is bigger than George W. BushScrilla is bigger than George W. BushScrilla is bigger than George W. BushScrilla is bigger than George W. BushScrilla is bigger than George W. BushScrilla is bigger than George W. BushScrilla is bigger than George W. BushScrilla is bigger than George W. BushScrilla is bigger than George W. Bush

I don't even hate Fedor for the record, I just feel there are quite a few challenges for him in the UFC.

Sylvia and Arvloski have both gotten knocked the fuck out in their fights after Fedor, which makes me wonder, although I do see Vermillion's point about Rogers being a bad matchup for Arvloski and Sylvia apparently was fighting a former boxer.

I never claimed to be an expert, I only became a casual fan a couple years ago and started following more closely in the last 6 months or so.

Last edited by Scrilla; 07-18-2009 at 04:14 PM.
Scrilla is offline   Reply With Quote