Rap Worlds Forums  

Go Back   Rap Worlds Forums > Main Category > Production & Turntablism > Beat Battles
Home Gallery Battle Statistics Store Poker Arcade Links Link Us Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-08-2009, 02:52 AM   #11
jerrod
niggercock

Rap Worlds Cash: 105.00
jerrod is bigger than George W. Bushjerrod is bigger than George W. Bushjerrod is bigger than George W. Bushjerrod is bigger than George W. Bushjerrod is bigger than George W. Bushjerrod is bigger than George W. Bushjerrod is bigger than George W. Bushjerrod is bigger than George W. Bushjerrod is bigger than George W. Bushjerrod is bigger than George W. Bushjerrod is bigger than George W. Bush

Won: 0
Lost: 1

Re: Devils Recruit VS Swordsman!!!

thankee brofski...twas my suggestion

ohhhhhhhhh shit.......

I just want to say to both of you that I like both of yur styles and I've enjoyed listening to your beats over the past year in the production section...i've heard you BOTH get better...
mayne...this was DIFFICULT!

Overall, I'm going to give this one to

DEVILS RECRUIT

Swordsman, the main criticism i have is that your submission lacks structure...
The percussion is very basic except for on your your fourth bar and then you switch it up a bit, but it jus seems unnatural...just doesn't 'fit'
however swordsman, the great part about yours was your sampling...you picked a very creative spot to loop, and you emphasized the low brass section which was very cool....

DR,
your sample was also creatively chosen, however, the beat just gets boring after awhile tbh...
Good submission tho for both of you

I recommend to both that you work on the percussion (mainly swordsman, altho dr could improve too..)

Great battle - vote - devil's recruit...

Idk tho, it was too close for me to call really, ithink you guys should battle again, or lemme battle oneuvya

...And Stay there...

"well, if you're content with only dropping shit in Kansas City, you ain't gonna meet no goals you have"
jerrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 03:19 AM   #12
Swordsman
Field NIGGA

Rap Worlds Cash: 2845.00
Swordsman is bigger than George W. BushSwordsman is bigger than George W. BushSwordsman is bigger than George W. BushSwordsman is bigger than George W. BushSwordsman is bigger than George W. BushSwordsman is bigger than George W. BushSwordsman is bigger than George W. BushSwordsman is bigger than George W. BushSwordsman is bigger than George W. BushSwordsman is bigger than George W. BushSwordsman is bigger than George W. Bush

Ye, thought I'd keep it simple and switch up at times. It's fun to mess around with drums like that.

Thanks for the votes : )

And congrats to Dev, another good battle.

Anyone wanna collab?

Swordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:08 PM   #13
jerrod
niggercock

jerrod is bigger than George W. Bushjerrod is bigger than George W. Bushjerrod is bigger than George W. Bushjerrod is bigger than George W. Bushjerrod is bigger than George W. Bushjerrod is bigger than George W. Bushjerrod is bigger than George W. Bushjerrod is bigger than George W. Bushjerrod is bigger than George W. Bushjerrod is bigger than George W. Bushjerrod is bigger than George W. Bush

whenever i give anybody critiques, i know i seem critical, but it's just the same way that i would like to have feedback...
just like : here's what you need to work on...

but i don't think i said enough times how much i liked both of the beats here....very cool shit from both uvya...i mean, the song used to sample is one of my favorite songs OAT so...you know i was intristed

...And Stay there...

"well, if you're content with only dropping shit in Kansas City, you ain't gonna meet no goals you have"
Old 05-08-2009, 01:52 PM   #14
devils recruit
Crazy Mutharfucka

Rap Worlds Cash: 330.00
devils recruit is bigger than George W. Bushdevils recruit is bigger than George W. Bushdevils recruit is bigger than George W. Bushdevils recruit is bigger than George W. Bushdevils recruit is bigger than George W. Bushdevils recruit is bigger than George W. Bushdevils recruit is bigger than George W. Bushdevils recruit is bigger than George W. Bushdevils recruit is bigger than George W. Bushdevils recruit is bigger than George W. Bushdevils recruit is bigger than George W. Bush

Send a message via AIM to devils recruit

I appriciate everything Eth, and swords your right GREAT battle.. I've always enjoyed battling you because I know I'm in for a challenge, anyway I'm down for another battle with either of you!

Peep My SoundClick!!!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=865512
devils recruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 05:12 AM   #15
Swordsman
Field NIGGA

Rap Worlds Cash: 2845.00
Swordsman is bigger than George W. BushSwordsman is bigger than George W. BushSwordsman is bigger than George W. BushSwordsman is bigger than George W. BushSwordsman is bigger than George W. BushSwordsman is bigger than George W. BushSwordsman is bigger than George W. BushSwordsman is bigger than George W. BushSwordsman is bigger than George W. BushSwordsman is bigger than George W. BushSwordsman is bigger than George W. Bush

I'm gonna take a pause from battling and make a bunch of new beats, which I should complete some time around May/June.

Would be great to hear a battle between you Dev and Jerrod, don't think I've heard many beats by JT anyway.

Anyone wanna collab?

Swordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 08:33 AM   #16
The Troof
Super Fly

Rap Worlds Cash: 226143.00
The Troof is bigger than George W. BushThe Troof is bigger than George W. BushThe Troof is bigger than George W. BushThe Troof is bigger than George W. BushThe Troof is bigger than George W. BushThe Troof is bigger than George W. BushThe Troof is bigger than George W. BushThe Troof is bigger than George W. BushThe Troof is bigger than George W. BushThe Troof is bigger than George W. BushThe Troof is bigger than George W. Bush

Won: 2
Lost: 0

I gotta vote Devil`s Recruit. His intro was better and it flowed better. It sounded better, but I felt the changes ups could of been better, and the drums could of improved some and there could of been more base. Swordsman, if you used a better intro and kept the first beat without the other 2 change ups, you would of won. Wasn`t feeling the other change ups as much as the first, but you had a nice bassline and nice drums, except for the drum roll/solo thing. Anyways, dope beats..

Edit: I`m an idiot and didn`t realize there was a second page already. Good battle though.

Quote:
[21-09, 01:32] sellindatcrack yo keep pushin me and i'll get verm to murk ur moms too

Last edited by The Troof; 05-09-2009 at 08:34 AM.
The Troof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 04:13 PM   #17
KingMayne
Δ

Rap Worlds Cash: 245957.60
KingMayne is bigger than George W. BushKingMayne is bigger than George W. BushKingMayne is bigger than George W. BushKingMayne is bigger than George W. BushKingMayne is bigger than George W. BushKingMayne is bigger than George W. BushKingMayne is bigger than George W. BushKingMayne is bigger than George W. BushKingMayne is bigger than George W. BushKingMayne is bigger than George W. BushKingMayne is bigger than George W. Bush

gotta go with devil's recruit. both good, tho.
Tutorials on this don't exist- income taxes just a myth, to make the bankers richer/ So they can sell you half the picture/ Then seize ya assets quicker than you can go aquire 'em/ We have the right to fire 'em, instead we co-conspirin'/ Through silence, through science, that's social and economic/ You manufacture our consent to make a profit/ The paper's been powerless since they left the gold standard/ Yet they're using currency to rule the whole planet...

One government, one world motto,"in God we trust,"But what about us?

KingMayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 04:43 PM   #18
J.R.
F.Y.I.R.B.

Rap Worlds Cash: 2376470.31
J.R. is bigger than George W. BushJ.R. is bigger than George W. BushJ.R. is bigger than George W. BushJ.R. is bigger than George W. BushJ.R. is bigger than George W. BushJ.R. is bigger than George W. BushJ.R. is bigger than George W. BushJ.R. is bigger than George W. BushJ.R. is bigger than George W. BushJ.R. is bigger than George W. BushJ.R. is bigger than George W. Bush

Lost: 2

Send a message via MSN to J.R.

I meant like Swordsman using live drums like. Don't know if Devil's did too but yea just an Opinion i threw out there.

J.R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:51 PM   #19
Breed

Rap Worlds Cash: 670.00
Breed has tha skillz to pay tha billzBreed has tha skillz to pay tha billzBreed has tha skillz to pay tha billzBreed has tha skillz to pay tha billzBreed has tha skillz to pay tha billzBreed has tha skillz to pay tha billzBreed has tha skillz to pay tha billzBreed has tha skillz to pay tha billz

I liked Devils you both used Aretha Franklin's Walk on By sample and Devil flipped it and I didnt even know it was that sample which makes it more creative in some ways

But Swordsman had more diversity in the beat which made it out of the ordinary and complex and that is what makes great production

in the long run I'ma go wit Devils because it felt more soulful to me and I enjoyed it more
Old 05-10-2009, 12:46 AM   #20
jerrod
niggercock

lol..

that's dionne warwick

...And Stay there...