Rap Worlds Forums  

Go Back   Rap Worlds Forums > Main Category > Hip Hop Forum
Home Gallery Battle Statistics Store Poker Arcade Links Link Us Mark Forums Read

Hip Hop Forum Exclusively talk about rap & hip hop.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-27-2007, 07:34 AM   #1
Patrick McCourt
Wit Would Paddy Do ?

Rap Worlds Cash: 109365.00
Patrick McCourt is bigger than George W. BushPatrick McCourt is bigger than George W. BushPatrick McCourt is bigger than George W. BushPatrick McCourt is bigger than George W. BushPatrick McCourt is bigger than George W. BushPatrick McCourt is bigger than George W. BushPatrick McCourt is bigger than George W. BushPatrick McCourt is bigger than George W. BushPatrick McCourt is bigger than George W. BushPatrick McCourt is bigger than George W. BushPatrick McCourt is bigger than George W. Bush

Calvin Klein (one time big Brooklyn drug dealer) speaks on Jay-Z

http://www.zshare.net/audio/28530588b65853/

this is the person i been sayin that Jay based most of Reasonable Doubt on

people been sayin for years (especially Nas, Cam and a few others) Jay was around the Calvin Klein and another few others but he wasn't no kingpin that his fans make him out to be ... he said himself he was 70% focused on being a rapper and the other percentage was making money ... Dame & Biggs was the real hustlers out of the 3 founders on Roc'A'Fella ... they was really the mastermind behind it all ... but Jay learned from Calvin Klein, Dame & Biggs and became the guy who he is today ... the biggest rapper on the planet, runs a large part Def Jam pumps Beyonce, goes and does that whole water thing in Africa and all that ... it all worked out good for Jay

bottom line is Jay's hustle was rap music ...

at the same time Calvin Klein should be proud that his life has been IMMORTALIZED by Jay-Z on RD ...

cos Jay painted that picture brilliantly

imitation = biggest form of flattery

at him saying "i like Jay as an actor"

but what i don't get is how people you were cool/sound with hold in all this negative shit about you until the very moment you're not cool/sound anymore

also why do rappers have to literally be street hustlers ?

95% of rappers are liars ... so stretching the truth is expected

and Jay's still one of the best rappers that ever did 'it' ...

he's an artist ... it's creativity and you have to respect it

people are bored with 'Keepin It Real' ... thats why people are bored with hip-hop

It's about creating new things/writing stories/being able to connect with the people and all that shit so to speak

people try to limit hip-hop ...

this interview as some good quoteables

Last edited by Patrick McCourt; 07-27-2007 at 07:36 AM.
Patrick McCourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 09:25 AM   #2
jbbj1515
KNOWLEDGE GOD

Rap Worlds Cash: 1197.50
jbbj1515 is one of the illestjbbj1515 is one of the illestjbbj1515 is one of the illestjbbj1515 is one of the illestjbbj1515 is one of the illestjbbj1515 is one of the illestjbbj1515 is one of the illestjbbj1515 is one of the illestjbbj1515 is one of the illestjbbj1515 is one of the illestjbbj1515 is one of the illest

Send a message via AIM to jbbj1515
Re: Calvin Klein (one time big Brooklyn drug dealer) speaks on Jay-Z

Interesting listen. Not too suprising to me, Jay-z isn't known for being the most original rapper when it comes to his lines, so it isn't too farfetched to think that he would steal an entire lifestyle. And I'd be suprised if most of these big time rappers have ever been deep in the drug game at any point in their lives, save for a few.
jbbj1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 12:48 PM   #3
Patrick McCourt
Wit Would Paddy Do ?

Rap Worlds Cash: 109365.00
Patrick McCourt is bigger than George W. BushPatrick McCourt is bigger than George W. BushPatrick McCourt is bigger than George W. BushPatrick McCourt is bigger than George W. BushPatrick McCourt is bigger than George W. BushPatrick McCourt is bigger than George W. BushPatrick McCourt is bigger than George W. BushPatrick McCourt is bigger than George W. BushPatrick McCourt is bigger than George W. BushPatrick McCourt is bigger than George W. BushPatrick McCourt is bigger than George W. Bush

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbj1515 View Post
Interesting listen. Not too suprising to me, Jay-z isn't known for being the most original rapper when it comes to his lines, so it isn't too farfetched to think that he would steal an entire lifestyle. And I'd be suprised if most of these big time rappers have ever been deep in the drug game at any point in their lives, save for a few.
most of them aren't ... most rappers knew them big drug dealers then the rappers spit about it ...

they may have sold for a while but none where big kingpins ...

and anyone above the age of 18 that believes rappers where millions into the drug game are stupid as fuck ... i'm sure alot of them did enough to get by ...

but Jay was the hip-hop hustler poster child for hip-hop that everyone wanted to be, they same way Jim Jones is now

Last edited by Patrick McCourt; 07-27-2007 at 12:52 PM.
Patrick McCourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 12:55 PM   #4
I r o q
Home Dogg

Rap Worlds Cash: 850.00
I r o q is a dope memberI r o q is a dope memberI r o q is a dope member

Send a message via AIM to I r o q

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbj1515 View Post
Interesting listen. Not too suprising to me, Jay-z isn't known for being the most original rapper when it comes to his lines,

I think hes real original. His bars are structured to a point where every word has a task. every time I hear something from him that I havnt listend to in a while I notice something diff.

I r o q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 02:03 PM   #5
henegg
Rookie

Rap Worlds Cash: 237.00
henegg is a dope memberhenegg is a dope memberhenegg is a dope member

To me, Jay is creative as hell. Sometimes he rehashes the same subject matter, but always in a different way. There is a reason everyone wants to bite his style...cause it's dope.

I do, however, blame him and BIG & the Wu for this new trend of rappers that only want to push the rock & be gambino's. That worked for them, but DAMN, everyone in the US would be smoking crack if what these new breed of rappers say they did...
henegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 02:52 PM   #6
jbbj1515
KNOWLEDGE GOD

jbbj1515 is one of the illestjbbj1515 is one of the illestjbbj1515 is one of the illestjbbj1515 is one of the illestjbbj1515 is one of the illestjbbj1515 is one of the illestjbbj1515 is one of the illestjbbj1515 is one of the illestjbbj1515 is one of the illestjbbj1515 is one of the illestjbbj1515 is one of the illest

It was all cuz of

After they put that album out everyone wanted to be a fucking italian don or something. OB4CL was an amazing album and one of the best ever but it changed the rap game forever. If it weren't for rae and ghost doing that album jay-z would probably still sound like this .. http://youtube.com/watch?v=rqrUn_hHW...elated&search=

Not only did that album set the new standard but it started the decline of rap at the same time.

Cappadonna
"You not a real brother you just a fake type
that get on the mic then, throw your cliche
Half the East coast soundin just like Rae
If you a Gambino, give credit to the flow
If you not a part of this kid act like you know"
Old 07-27-2007, 03:21 PM   #7
CHAMPIONGENIUS
Rookie

Rap Worlds Cash: 135.00
CHAMPIONGENIUS is a dope memberCHAMPIONGENIUS is a dope memberCHAMPIONGENIUS is a dope member

^another reason rappers are dumber than dog shit
all this "mafia" shit and dumb fucks sweatin john gotti and the mob, italians dont even like black people, callin' them moolies n shit
i saw a video of john gotti yellin at his grandkids for playin baseball and basketball.. tellin' them to stop "acting like ******s" lol

..and these stupid fucks STILL idolize these dudes. smh
CHAMPIONGENIUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 03:36 PM   #8
Noyze
Scratch the Matrix

Rap Worlds Cash: 1823.00
Noyze owns Rap WorldsNoyze owns Rap WorldsNoyze owns Rap WorldsNoyze owns Rap WorldsNoyze owns Rap WorldsNoyze owns Rap WorldsNoyze owns Rap WorldsNoyze owns Rap WorldsNoyze owns Rap WorldsNoyze owns Rap WorldsNoyze owns Rap Worlds

We should focus our energy toward hip-hop related topics.

"
Even avid masterbators can't relate to my passion and mic clutch"
- Edan

Noyze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 03:41 PM   #9
jbbj1515
KNOWLEDGE GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Swift) View Post
We should focus our energy toward hip-hop related topics.
I think this shit is pretty damn fascinating and is relevent enough to be talked about on here.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:47 PM   #10
henegg
Rookie

Rap Worlds Cash: 237.00
henegg is a dope memberhenegg is a dope memberhenegg is a dope member

This is a crazy interesting interview. This man has some insight. Jay still made himself pretty big, even if he stole ideas from someone, he still made up all those rhymes and still put out classic albums.
henegg is offline   Reply With Quote