Rap Worlds Forums  

Go Back   Rap Worlds Forums > Artists > Ja Rule
Home Gallery Battle Statistics Store Poker Arcade Links Link Us Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 09:05 PM   #1
PayRoll
Feel Free 2 Hate!

Rap Worlds Cash: 11630.00
PayRoll is one of the illestPayRoll is one of the illestPayRoll is one of the illestPayRoll is one of the illestPayRoll is one of the illestPayRoll is one of the illestPayRoll is one of the illestPayRoll is one of the illestPayRoll is one of the illestPayRoll is one of the illestPayRoll is one of the illest

Won: 45
Lost: 18

PayRoll vs. The Remnant

Aight 4 bars...
House Rules
Reg. Voting
---------

Check...

Gettin Links Now

http://www.rapworlds.com/forums/show...=103631&page=2
http://www.rapworlds.com/forums/show...=100993&page=3

there ya go^^

"So Sick!,U can tell by the Expression on my Face
that Ill, get in that Ass like Preparation H"--Cassidy

Last edited by PayRoll; 08-15-2007 at 09:08 PM.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:52 PM   #2
Archaic
Nephilim

Rap Worlds Cash: 130.50
Archaic is one of the illestArchaic is one of the illestArchaic is one of the illestArchaic is one of the illestArchaic is one of the illestArchaic is one of the illestArchaic is one of the illestArchaic is one of the illestArchaic is one of the illestArchaic is one of the illestArchaic is one of the illest

Won: 22
Lost: 20

Re: PayRoll vs. The Remnant

http://www.rapworlds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103259
http://www.rapworlds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103631

Last edited by Archaic; 08-15-2007 at 09:58 PM.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:32 PM   #3
PayRoll
Feel Free 2 Hate!

PayRoll is one of the illestPayRoll is one of the illestPayRoll is one of the illestPayRoll is one of the illestPayRoll is one of the illestPayRoll is one of the illestPayRoll is one of the illestPayRoll is one of the illestPayRoll is one of the illestPayRoll is one of the illestPayRoll is one of the illest

aight this a quick 4....
---------

Im'a lay another Gem!...Just give Pay another Win
cause like the "dunk contest contestants", I stay "above The Rem/rim"/

And you Acting tough, But ya Not!...Ive had enough of your drops
so my 'bars around you like prisons'...N Like 'ur Avatar', You "stuck in the box"/

Everybody kno I spit fresher, So you should go get a stretcher
cause when im done...ill drop ur "winning percentage" 'below' the "number next 2 ur record"/

Look! My win is getting near, And so im ending wit it here
cause even u kno u 'aint nice!'Thats y u aint battled...since the "beginning of the year"/
http://www.rapworlds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88550

-------------
aight i dont even care...thats a quick drop 4 u...get ur verse up

Old 08-15-2007, 11:39 PM   #4
Archaic
Nephilim

Rap Worlds Cash: 130.50
Archaic is one of the illestArchaic is one of the illestArchaic is one of the illestArchaic is one of the illestArchaic is one of the illestArchaic is one of the illestArchaic is one of the illestArchaic is one of the illestArchaic is one of the illestArchaic is one of the illestArchaic is one of the illest

Won: 22
Lost: 20

This kids a DEAD FUCK , cause he about to GET LAID IN A COFFIN
You got OLD TESTAMENT verses they aint a PAULING

I'm trying to teach u a lesson , so why the fuck you doozing
I CLAP at you like a hundred BOOKS CLOSING
PAYROLL? Aint nothing to see in your bank account like NICOLE RICHIE NAKED POSING

TOYING with me is bad for your health like I was made in CHINA
Cause your personals couldn't PROVE A POINT even if you had 300 SPARTANS behind ya

Your new to the GREEN like RAY ALLEN and GARNETT cause even if OBAMA BINLADEN wrote your album it wouldn't have a BOMB yet

whatever..
Old 08-16-2007, 12:27 AM   #5
CDoc

Rap Worlds Cash: 660.00
CDoc is a dope memberCDoc is a dope memberCDoc is a dope member

Won: 1
Lost: 1

Send a message via AIM to CDoc

Payroll

1.75 damn nice name flip+dope wordplay

so my 'bars around you like prisons'...N Like 'ur Avatar', You "stuck in the box"/
.5 okay

cause when im done...ill drop ur "winning percentage" 'below' the "number next 2 ur record"/
.25 decent

cause even u kno u 'aint nice!'Thats y u aint battled...since the "beginning of the year"/
.25 decent again

Overall 2.75/8
basically u had 1 really good bar, then u had 3 okay/bad bars

remnant

1.5 nice

PAYROLL? Aint nothing to see in your bank account like NICOLE RICHIE NAKED POSING
.75 okay

Cause your personals couldn't PROVE A POINT even if you had 300 SPARTANS behind ya
1 nice 2nd line

Your new to the GREEN like RAY ALLEN and GARNETT cause even if OBAMA BINLADEN wrote your album it wouldn't have a BOMB yet
1.5 nice

Overall 4.75/8
good drop, u had 2 real good bars, then u had 2 good bars, u had some ill wordplay at times, n yea

both of u had good drops, but I have to give this battle to remnant, good battle!

v/remnant
Old 08-17-2007, 12:24 AM   #6
Han Solo
Rap Worlds God

Rap Worlds Cash: 9919.00
Han Solo is smoking this mutharfucka upHan Solo is smoking this mutharfucka upHan Solo is smoking this mutharfucka upHan Solo is smoking this mutharfucka upHan Solo is smoking this mutharfucka upHan Solo is smoking this mutharfucka upHan Solo is smoking this mutharfucka upHan Solo is smoking this mutharfucka upHan Solo is smoking this mutharfucka upHan Solo is smoking this mutharfucka upHan Solo is smoking this mutharfucka up

Won: 38
Lost: 13

Send a message via AIM to Han Solo

^decent.

^hmm...this was kinda weak, cuz the set up was one idea..and the punch was another idea that didn't quite relate.

^this was harsh, pretty nice.

^ok personal.. i wish it was done a little more creatively but it's good.

V.S.

^apauling's been used here before. this is somewhat recycled...be careful

^the flow on this is messed up, clapping/books is good imagery...nicole richie line is generic, it's weaker when someone's dissing you with nameplays and personals.

^i didn't like the toying/China part..300 spartans was meh.

^osama lines?=no...ok filler line, but punch is dry.

Remnant had good imagery, but as far as punches they weren't organized well enuff and the execution on a few were horrible. What makes a good punch is the build up to that energetic release..but Rem you had fillers that were off subject or random thoughts. PayRoll, your getting much better i see. Ain't too much i can say to you but to just keep keystyling and now that you're using multis, learn how to keep rhythm with it and try not break 'em up.
Not a blowout (cuz Rem used some played metaphors, and Pay lacked a bit there), but i'd still say Pay won cuz his overall punches were stronger.

Vote=Pay

Even if i st-st stuttered...i would still take a shit on you.
Old 08-20-2007, 03:35 PM   #7
Irate.
Rap Worlds God

Rap Worlds Cash: 29892.00
Irate. is bigger than George W. BushIrate. is bigger than George W. BushIrate. is bigger than George W. BushIrate. is bigger than George W. BushIrate. is bigger than George W. BushIrate. is bigger than George W. BushIrate. is bigger than George W. BushIrate. is bigger than George W. BushIrate. is bigger than George W. BushIrate. is bigger than George W. BushIrate. is bigger than George W. Bush

Won: 2

Won: 1

Send a message via MSN to Irate.

1-1 Uppin

Moving now.. clearing freeposts..
Old 08-23-2007, 02:43 PM   #8
-Tense-

Rap Worlds Cash: 545.00
-Tense- is slowly elevating to the top.-Tense- is slowly elevating to the top.

Won: 0

Punches: Niether, Rem's were wack/played/corny and Pay's didn't really work: Rem doesn't sound like Rim, and its a throne that the avatar resembles not a box
Personals: Pay even though they were a bit ehh
Wordplay: Niether, Rem attempted but it was played
Metas: Niether, nothing flashed out
Multies: ?? why is this here
Structure: ?? Niether
Creativity: Pay for attempting to combine punches and personals
Consistency: Pay....Rem's was consistently corny
Vote: Pay

Notes/Summary: Like i said before...neither one really had a verse that wow'd me...but in the end Pay edged it

The Takeover Has Come
Old 08-23-2007, 02:49 PM   #9
PayRoll
Feel Free 2 Hate!

thx 4 the vote...couple things tho...he change his avatar since our battle, n im not sure how rem n rim dont sound the same but ok i guess

i think thats 2-1 me...unless Rem dont wanna accept

*Reps* for voting

Old 08-23-2007, 11:39 PM   #10
DethStryque
Rookie

Rap Worlds Cash: 170.00
DethStryque is slowly elevating to the top.DethStryque is slowly elevating to the top.

Won: 0

^This was a strong opener,and nice wordplay.Real wordplay,not that text equivalent.The second bar was slightly stretched,but could still be on beat.

The punch was featured in the second bar,and it wasn't as powerful as it could be.I have seen plenty of bars/prisons metaphors...easily since 2000.Hell,I used them in the 90's,lol.The avatar punch was decent,and unlike many people here,I see the DOUBLE meta and meaning here.You lay alot of metas down.That's good.But you're sacrificing flow here.

This is a purely acapella street cypher punch,as the setup is average,but the punch is pretty strong...all things considered.

The closer was the opposite of the opener...you closed pretty weak,you opened with a high note.

V.S.

^The first bar was funny...DEAD FUCK/LAID IN A COFFIN,nice wordplay and meta. The second bar wasn't nearly as effective,because I clearly get the 'appalling" concept,but you mentioned PAUL the DISCIPLE,so you should have merged the two in the punch featuring "appalling." This is a textcee punch based on textcee wordplay.What's worse is that the Old Testament featured the premier prophet not named Jesus...ST.JOHN THE BAPTIST.So you actually could've been giving your opponent MAJOR PROPS and ACCIDENTALLY CLOWNING YOURSELF by an accidental exposure of lack of knowledge of your OWN PUNCH.

^the spelling on "dozing" threw me off for a second,the CLAP/BOOKS CLOSING was nice,but the NICOLE RICHIE thing not only threw the flow off but it threw off the count of your bars too.You had 3 bars rhyming the "ozing" sound without rounding it to a fourth bar.Not good.It countered the nice CLAP/BOOKS CLOSING punch.

^unlike alot of people,I remember the infant and child deaths caused by toys made in China,so I liked that punch,but your second bar was stretched again and the linking of PROVE A POINT/300 SPARTANS was weak.you should've used "SPEARS" or something edged instead of "prove a point".

^ The "new to green" thing WASN'T filler,like some others might have said,but the OBAMA punch was HORRIBLE...because OBAMA is BARACK OBAMA,the African-American running for the Democratic presidential nomination,and OSAMA...OSAMA...OSAMA BIN LADEN is the terrorist.Not only is this a played punch,but it's a FAILED PUNCH based on SCREWING UP A PLAYED PUNCH.

Each lyricist has lapses in concentration.PAYROLL didn't pay much heed to his setup bars,and focused only on his punchline.That means that he literally had half of his verse weaker than it should be.Not only did Rem do the same thing,but he made his mistakes even more egregious by lapses in knowledge in the areas of the punches that he threw.PAUL/ST. JOHN...OSAMA/OBAMA,the broken flow.These things detracted from the verse he wrote,because he had a good punch in there with the CLAP/CLOSED BOOKS thing,and he shows that he could have put in more should he focused more.Same with PAYROLL...his more consistent flow and more erudite links between his setups and punches were all indicators that he could bring alot more fire than he did.

Both did a good job,but my vote goes to:

Vote=Pay
Closed Thread