Rap Worlds Forums  

Go Back   Rap Worlds Forums > Artists > Ja Rule
Home Gallery Battle Statistics Store Poker Arcade Links Link Us Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 11:45 AM   #1
Vokals
The Original...

Rap Worlds Cash: 374155.00
Vokals is bigger than George W. BushVokals is bigger than George W. BushVokals is bigger than George W. BushVokals is bigger than George W. BushVokals is bigger than George W. BushVokals is bigger than George W. BushVokals is bigger than George W. BushVokals is bigger than George W. BushVokals is bigger than George W. BushVokals is bigger than George W. BushVokals is bigger than George W. Bush

Won: 23
Lost: 1

Send a message via AIM to Vokals
(2) DivineTragedy vs Skream (1-4 TKO)

check In By Thurs 11:59 Gmt
Verses Due By Sun 11:59 Gmt
Don't Know Your Time Difference Just Ask Or Use Google

You Will Be Alotted A 20 Min Grace Period From The Due Time Of The Verse After That You’ll Be Docked 1 Vote Up To 24 Hours. After 24 Hours It’ll Be A Dq.

No Extensions Unless It Is A Family Emergancy Or I Am Bribed With A Kangaroo!!!

No Editing Posts
*any Major Problems Contact A Mod*
No Free-posting
No Swaying Votes
Shit Talking Goes In Designated Thread

20-30 Bars Hook & Dialogue Is Ok Just Don’t Make It Excessive
If You Go Over Your Limit You Will Be Docked 1 Vote. If You Go Under, Well You Just Hurting Yourself.

First To 5 (4-1 Tko...3-0 Ko)
Tie Votes Will Result In 1-1 For Each Participant.

Voting Catagories Are As Follows:
On Topic
Depth
Imagery
Originality
Flow
Multis
Vocab
Enjoyment
Hook/dialogue (if Applicable To Both)

Participating Members & Members Who Were Involved Can Vote. Also Vets Can Vote. Each Member Must Vote On One (1) Battle!!! If You Are Not A Vet And Choose To Vote You Can Aslong As It Is Broken Down And Not A Hate Or D/r Vote. If There Is Any Issue With That Vote That Cannot Be Resolved It Wont Count!!!

Topic: After a series of horrific events you find out your child is the cause of them. What happens & what do you do?

Good Luck

*Note If This Tourny Is An Absolute Failure Riddled With No Shows Especially The Final Match, I Will Not Pay Out My Money For That, I Will Pay Out Rw Money*

Last edited by Vokals; 10-28-2007 at 10:39 PM.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:08 AM   #2
Skream
Home Dogg

Rap Worlds Cash: 2390.00
Skream has mad gameSkream has mad gameSkream has mad gameSkream has mad gameSkream has mad gameSkream has mad gameSkream has mad gameSkream has mad gameSkream has mad gameSkream has mad gameSkream has mad game

Won: 2
Lost: 4

Re: (2) Beyond vs Skream

signing in

show-or-die
Old 10-26-2007, 10:25 AM   #3
Archaic
Nephilim

Rap Worlds Cash: 130.50
Archaic is one of the illestArchaic is one of the illestArchaic is one of the illestArchaic is one of the illestArchaic is one of the illestArchaic is one of the illestArchaic is one of the illestArchaic is one of the illestArchaic is one of the illestArchaic is one of the illestArchaic is one of the illest

Won: 22
Lost: 20

Re: (2) Beyond vs Skream

Checkin...
Old 10-26-2007, 11:11 PM   #4
Archaic
Nephilim

Archaic is one of the illestArchaic is one of the illestArchaic is one of the illestArchaic is one of the illestArchaic is one of the illestArchaic is one of the illestArchaic is one of the illestArchaic is one of the illestArchaic is one of the illestArchaic is one of the illestArchaic is one of the illest

Re: (2) DivineTragedy vs Skream

Local Stray Animals Heads Smashed By Bricks
At A Neighbors House One Adult, Five Children Dead And Six
Critical From Insecticides In The Birthday Cake Mix
And Then On The Nightly News One Of The Issues: School Halloween Party Contained Razors In The Kids Bags Of Treats and Tricks
Staring At The Tv Screen I Glance To See My Lady Bite Her Lips
Hands On Hips Saying, "Turn That Off Dinner Is Fixed"
Till We Heard Aloud Crash Outside Our Nerves Twitched
People Sreaming, "Call 911 Quick!"
Cant Believe Two People Died Outside My House From A Car Accident
My Lady Screaming, "Whats Going On!" ...As She Wept
Later That Night Neither Of Us Slept
Wanting To Speak About Whats Been Happening Around Us
But Silent We Kept Then She Screamed Saying She Saw A
Shadow Of A Hand Around My Neck At The Moment My Son Crept Through The Door With An Empty Gaze As Our Eyes Met
Clothes Wet From Sweat Talking Nonsense
Brought Him To The E.R He Was Looked Over And Checked
They Said Nothings Wrong Just From What Was Going On
He's Prolly Just Stressed He's Only Six And Keeps Asking
About Samantha And Jess Two Of His Friends Matter Of Fact His Best
Just A Few Days Ago Laid Them To Rest
Brought Him Home And Told Him Their In Heaven Blessed
He Reached For My Cross On My Chest And Said, "Daddy Shhhhh You Make NOOOO Sense!"
And Snapped It Off With No Respect Something I Didnt Expect
Angered, Shocked And Dismayed As He Took The Cross And Scratched My Face And My Lady Swung And Hit Me With A Lamp Base!
Her Eyes Dark And As Deep As Space As I Felt My Head Open
My Heart Raced I Dropped My Son And Braced As She Swung Again With Hate! I Block The Brunt As I Pushed Her Out The Way
Struggling For Words I Didnt Know What To Say Then My Son Bit My Legg!
I Backhand Him In The Head In DisTress Then Feel A Sharp Pain Pierce My Chest A Bullet From A Cop Hits My Right Breast
I Woke Up In The ICU Hospital Under Arrest
Confused And Feeling A Mess Trying To Guess The Events
Police Eyeing Me Looking Intense My Memories Struggling To Connect
Said What Kind Of Sicko Slices His Kids Neck!
And Pushes His Wife Through The Window When All She's Tryng To Do Is Protect And That There Was A Debt That They Have To Collect!
As They Withdrew Their Guns Arms Flexed Voices Grew Deep As They Both Said, "Saint Micheal Your Next"
I Smiled As The Bullets Entered My Flesh Expecting My Return To Heaven Upon My Last Breath
Old 10-28-2007, 04:42 PM   #5
Skream
Home Dogg

Rap Worlds Cash: 2390.00
Skream has mad gameSkream has mad gameSkream has mad gameSkream has mad gameSkream has mad gameSkream has mad gameSkream has mad gameSkream has mad gameSkream has mad gameSkream has mad gameSkream has mad game

Won: 2
Lost: 4

Re: (2) DivineTragedy vs Skream

Early this morning before going to work, my son and i got into a big argument cuz he wanted to ride with his friends to school and I told him no because they drive environmentally unsafe vehicles that cause too much harm to the environment and kill some of the innocent animals in some of the surrounding neighbors farms. He didn’t want to ride with me in the hybrid so I made him walk five miles to school this morning in a light drizzle. Now I’m returning home from work and I better not find out he got a ride with them anyway.

Im traveling home the quickest of various ways
After a long day of hard work, now I must play
Or either introduce my body to a bed and just lay
Maybe fix me some dinner put some bread on a plate
i love animals, I won’t touch eggs or no steak
The thoughts penetrate my mind like heavy sun rays
Thru the atmosphere before it enters the land of the brave
Or the home of the free, creating an explosive heat wave
My fantasies got me hot, I need to be in the shade
Suddenly a voice stops em, im like ‘What did he say’
Changed the volume opened the ears on each side of my face
its so loud you see waves from the speakers ride into space
he repped for PETA as he spoke at an undesirable pace
cuz he had horrible news that would inspire some pain
he said the chicken serial killer rightfully named
The Colonel, has struck and 200 lives hes claimed
This freak plucked the chickens clean then slit open their veins
Found some deserted posts, left them by their toes to hang
this shows hes not only perverted but gross and insane
and may stake out humans when this no longer entertains
so on behalf of world peace and our love for chickens
I’m urging anyone with some info to come as a witness
i turn off the radio as I enter thru broken fences
jump out the car in tears cuz someone could be so relentless
to kill our friends for fun, as part of some poulty hitlist
any one who could do this deserves a bulky sentence
my senses arose as I opened the door to my home
a stench ate at my nose like getting to the core of a bone
there was blood smeared all over from the floor to the dome
then without a thought I screamed for my son Tyrone
to my surprise he was alive and he heard my cries
he came closer by and said now you know how it feels inside
I had no real reply I just stared in confusion
He said ‘ive been growing for 12 years yet barely moving
On the inside i lack love that I’m scared of losing
And its all your fault cuz you have some rare illusion
That animals are hairy humans, our next of kin
Yet you hate all of my friends who are Mexican
See how you send me all these mixed messages?
now I hate all your friends who can’t question shit
so I decided to make you love me and end my sorrows
by going to a farm and leaving with chickens borrowed
they call me ‘The Colonel’ today, but I’ll be ‘god’ tomorrow
Cuz I’ma kill every mammal til my hearts not hollow’
Then it dawned on me all the mistakes I had made
I failed as a parent so my son and the chickens had paid
I never knew my son could be so cold yet hardy
He just confessed his personal crimes like we was on Maury
I wanted to get my shoe and have an ass beating party
But instead I hugged him tight and said “im sorry”

After I had regained my sons trust, I tricked him into going into a psychiatric hospital. I just could not live with the fact that I had given birth to someone who could actually hate a chicken or any other animal. Please be nice to animals. They have rights too!!!

show-or-die
Old 10-29-2007, 02:08 AM   #6
Vokals
The Original...

Rap Worlds Cash: 374155.00
Vokals is bigger than George W. BushVokals is bigger than George W. BushVokals is bigger than George W. BushVokals is bigger than George W. BushVokals is bigger than George W. BushVokals is bigger than George W. BushVokals is bigger than George W. BushVokals is bigger than George W. BushVokals is bigger than George W. BushVokals is bigger than George W. BushVokals is bigger than George W. Bush

Won: 23
Lost: 1

Send a message via AIM to Vokals
Re: (2) DivineTragedy vs Skream (Verses In)

On Topic: Dt.. i couldnt really find where u were on topic with this, nowhere at all did i see u mentioned ur kid doing anything that happened. 1/5
Depth: No real depth either, wasnt really feeling the verse at all 1/5
Imagery: some hints of imagery here and there, but nothing u really expanded on 2/5
Originality: cant say there was originality b.c it wasnt on topic 1/5
Flow: it flowed ok, some lines went long others were ok, nothing stand out here 2/5
Multis: no real multis that i saw, just end words rhyming, no inner scheme or end-beginning scheme 1/5
Vocab: fail amount of vocab, nothing that was stand out 2.5/5
Enjoyment: didnt really enjoy the verse at all, kinda felt blah reading through it 1.5/5
Hook/dialogue (if Applicable To Both): N/A

Overall: 12/40 30% F-
need to up ur topical game, dont know how many u've done b4, but this needed alot of work

On Topic: u stayed on topic, def. didnt expect a chicken story 3.5/5
Depth: some depth but nothing that made me really get excited about 3/5
Imagery: some imagery here n there, the chickens hanging from their feet i pictured, but not much after that except the house covered in blood 3/5
Originality: def original, never expected a chicken killer 4.5/5
Flow: flowed really well, and was an easy read for me 4/5
Multis: no real multis, just general rhyming 2/5
Vocab: No real stand out vocab either, just middle of the road 2.5/5
Enjoyment: it was somewhat humorous, then kinda retarded at the same time...like a window licker 2.5/5
Hook/dialogue (if Applicable To Both): N/A

Overall: 25/40 62.5% F+
you did what u had to do to beat a poor verse, u just didnt suck as bad, need to step up some other aspects in ur writing to advance far

Vote- Skream
Old 10-29-2007, 11:56 AM   #7
~Damien~
Future Nobel Laureate

Rap Worlds Cash: 28311.00
~Damien~ owns Rap Worlds~Damien~ owns Rap Worlds~Damien~ owns Rap Worlds~Damien~ owns Rap Worlds~Damien~ owns Rap Worlds~Damien~ owns Rap Worlds~Damien~ owns Rap Worlds~Damien~ owns Rap Worlds~Damien~ owns Rap Worlds~Damien~ owns Rap Worlds~Damien~ owns Rap Worlds

Won: 1
Lost: 0

VOTE: Tie?!?

On Topic: DT
..After reading both verses twice, it seemed that the confrontation between the child and parent in DI’s verse was a little more drawn out. There was more interaction..

Depth: Tie
..I felt that both took their respective verses and built it with relatively the same depth. There were two contrasting styles, but the depth was on the same level..

Imagery: Tie
..For what I read, I felt that I couldn’t really give it to one more than another. Both verses created the setting adequately for their respective topical perspectives..

Originality: Tie
..If you read her verse, you know why this was original. I never expected it. However, if you re-read DT’s verse, you see just how original he got when the kid was in the hospital. Very original in the way the story progressed..

Flow: Skream
..In terms of cadence, Skream’s verse was easier to manage. I will say that it was a little more “rudimentary”, but it seemed to run together a little smoother..

Multis: Skream
..I see that Skream had some easy-to-fit multis scattered throughout the verse. This one surprised me..

Vocab: Tie
..I’m giving this one a tie because neither showed me there was a level of complexity above what I considered to be basic. DT, I’ve seen MUCH better from you in your Drop Rhymes pieces. What happened here?

Enjoyment: DT
..I found myself more reading his verse, reading Skream’s verse, and then going back to Di’s verse. It seemed to entertain me more based on the plot development..

..DT, I’ve seen you work before and you’ve got to agree with me that you didn’t write anything remotely at the level you’ve consistently dropped before. I expected big things, bred’ren. Skream, this is the first thing I’ve seen from you. I found it to be a decent read and would like to see you use a little more complexity in ya’ style. I’m not saying to write a master thesis, just make it so that the reader has more to look forward to as he/she reads..

~1

"We used to think that if we knew one, we knew two, because one and one are two. We are finding that we must learn a great deal more about 'and'."
- Sir Arthur Eddington

Old 10-29-2007, 03:59 PM   #8
Archaic
Nephilim

Re: (2) DivineTragedy vs Skream (1-2)

yeah well you know what
with 20-30 bars to work with
I wrote it so that the reader would speculate and imagine
theres enough pieces to the puzzle to paint a clear picture(atleast I thought so)...

anyway props to Skream
Old 10-29-2007, 04:20 PM   #9
~Damien~
Future Nobel Laureate

Rap Worlds Cash: 28311.00
~Damien~ owns Rap Worlds~Damien~ owns Rap Worlds~Damien~ owns Rap Worlds~Damien~ owns Rap Worlds~Damien~ owns Rap Worlds~Damien~ owns Rap Worlds~Damien~ owns Rap Worlds~Damien~ owns Rap Worlds~Damien~ owns Rap Worlds~Damien~ owns Rap Worlds~Damien~ owns Rap Worlds

Won: 1
Lost: 0

..Believe me, family, you did ya' thing, but I'm judging you based on what I've see you write and what you've written for this one. I didn't know I called it a tie until I tallied everything up after I wrote my comments. Props to you both for giving me something to read, though..

..Even though, Vokals was a lot more vocal about his perception of this "battle" between you two, I agree to an extent. Well, atleast in the case of DT. I know what you're capable of, man, so I really didn't expect you to drop anything less that it, ya dig..

~1

"We used to think that if we knew one, we knew two, because one and one are two. We are finding that we must learn a great deal more about 'and'."
- Sir Arthur Eddington

Old 10-29-2007, 04:23 PM   #10
Extra Pressa
P-Body tha god b

Rap Worlds Cash: 242310.94
Extra Pressa is bigger than George W. BushExtra Pressa is bigger than George W. BushExtra Pressa is bigger than George W. BushExtra Pressa is bigger than George W. BushExtra Pressa is bigger than George W. BushExtra Pressa is bigger than George W. BushExtra Pressa is bigger than George W. BushExtra Pressa is bigger than George W. BushExtra Pressa is bigger than George W. BushExtra Pressa is bigger than George W. BushExtra Pressa is bigger than George W. Bush

Won: 10
Lost: 7

Send a message via MSN to Extra Pressa
Re: (2) DivineTragedy vs Skream (1-2)

On Topic= Scream
I feel that DT's verse was harder to grasp, Skream's story was a little far out (LMAO @ Chicken facts) but it out the job done.

Depth= Tie
Neither had anything to brag on in this category IMO. Both verses were around the same level.

Imagery= Skream
Skream def. had this cat over DT, with the description of the bloody house.

Originality= Skream
Didn't really see where DT was coming from. Skream on the other hand had this cat no questions asked. Raising a chicken killer wasn't on any body's radar while reading the topic.

Flow= Skream
DT had some run on lines that were really hard to catch on to, and the sloppy structure didn't help any either. Skream had a nice structure and easy rhyme pattern to catch on to, she came really nice in this cat.

Multis= Skream
Had a decent amount of multies within her piece

Vocab= Tie
I did sense some vocab within both pieces, but both were really on the same level.

Enjoyment
Skream. It's really that I ENJOYED Skream's that much, it's just the sloppy verse DT had that threw me off. Her's was more presentable and more thoro

Vote= Skream

Skream takes it, she had a more neatly well prepared verse. While DT on the other had
Looks like he did what I did or less (A 30 min key). I know you can do better and I've read better shit from you. Honestly I'd rather you taken more time and have gotten a vote docked than to drop this . Hope to collab with and read more of both of you guys' stuff.

Last edited by Extra Pressa; 10-29-2007 at 04:26 PM.
Closed Thread