Rap Worlds Forums  

Go Back   Rap Worlds Forums > Main Category > Hip Hop Forum > Word on tha Streets
Home Gallery Battle Statistics Store Poker Arcade Links Link Us Mark Forums Read

Word on tha Streets World Wide Hip Hop News

Old 03-20-2009, 11:30 PM   #1
Denz
Cheer up!

Rap Worlds Cash: 159767.00
Denz is bigger than George W. BushDenz is bigger than George W. BushDenz is bigger than George W. BushDenz is bigger than George W. BushDenz is bigger than George W. BushDenz is bigger than George W. BushDenz is bigger than George W. BushDenz is bigger than George W. BushDenz is bigger than George W. BushDenz is bigger than George W. BushDenz is bigger than George W. Bush

Won: 1
Lost: 0

Smoke Lawsuit Against Swift & D12 Rejected

Michigan's Court of Appeals on Friday rejected claims by the former manager of rapper Ondre "Swift" Moore that he was cheated by the entertainer, his hip hop group D12 and its most famous former member, Marshall "Eminem" Mathers.Kenyatta Hudson, 36, of Detroit, sued Moore and various people associated with the group also known as the Dirty Dozen.The opinion released Friday confirmed an earlier ruling by a Wayne County Circuit Court judge that Hudson can't enforce his contract as Moore's manager because he was never licensed as a personnel agent as required under Michigan law.The three-judge panel also ruled that Hudson had no claim of unjust enrichment against Mathers and the others."I think the courts are wrong in what they are saying," Hudson said Friday. "I haven't spoken with my lawyer yet, but this is going to have to go to higher ground because there's just no way for them to have found the way they did. I had a contract with D-12 and that is not being honored. In America, we are supposed to honor contracts." Hudson said he had a signed contract to manage Moore from 1999 to 2003, and a deal to manage D12 for about six months. He said he was fired when Moore and D12 signed a record deal with Mather's own record recording company. Hudson wouldn't be specific, but said the argument is over "millions of dollars." Moore joined D12 in 1999, shortly before the slaying of one of the groups original members, Karnail "Bugz" Pitts during a dispute on Belle Isle. The group was formed in 1990 by DeShaun "Proof" Holton, who was shot to death in 2006 in a club on Eight Mile. Hudson has managed other music groups, including Black Wasp, but said he no longer actively represents anyone. "I'm more involved in writing (lyrics and music) now, and I'm not representing anyone right now. I'm considering writing a book about my experience in all of this," he said.Source: Detroit News

More...
Denz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 11:56 PM   #2
D^Coy
RW FL Studio Tech

Rap Worlds Cash: 196881.00
D^Coy is bigger than George W. BushD^Coy is bigger than George W. BushD^Coy is bigger than George W. BushD^Coy is bigger than George W. BushD^Coy is bigger than George W. BushD^Coy is bigger than George W. BushD^Coy is bigger than George W. BushD^Coy is bigger than George W. BushD^Coy is bigger than George W. BushD^Coy is bigger than George W. BushD^Coy is bigger than George W. Bush

Re: Lawsuit Against Swift & D12 Rejected

His name is Kenyatta?

Heh.
D^Coy is offline   Reply With Quote